Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What do u think when you see a young woman wearinga fur coat
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:30 am
amother wrote:
Attn Five Towns Imamothers:

Just curious whats happening outside of Brooklyn.

What percentage of women in your Five Towns community wear "REAL" fur coats?

How old are the fur wearers? Whats the age range?

I don't see anyone wearing fur in my corner of the 5 Towns except for an occasional visiting mother.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:31 am
double post

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:34 am
ectomorph wrote:
I agree, fwiw. Alas animals are now viewed as more important.

Tzaar baalei chayim refers to needless pain. We are allowed to shecht even though it causes minimal pain.

We are allowed to shecht because we are considered to be so base as to need it. I do recall reading a source somewhere that in times of the meshiach, we will all be vegetarian.

I am a hypocrite, and no vegan myself at the moment (hopefully one day) but the dairy industry these days and the egg industry are pure examples of tzaar baalei chaim. They take all the male chicks and just chuck them into a grinding machine, grinding them alive, as they are useless! This in Israel, where everything is 'kosher'. It just appalls me.
They raise dairy cows in a tiny areas, they can barely turn around. All their lives. You think this is ok?

Animals raised for fur are also raised in tiny cubicles all their lives, and then killed very, very cruelly (no 'schechting' in the fur industry). How is this ok?

I think it would be another thing entirely if we ate eggs that we collected from hens in our back yard, and milked our own cow that wandered around in the pasture. But that is not the case at all. Animal cruelty is not some trendy liberal fluff that you can decide to ignore. It is real tzaar baalei chaim.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 3:11 am
meme6 wrote:
Leather jackets were at one point worn only my motorcycle gangs and harlots. Go do your research

I am getting really tired of the "go do your research" bit.

You had said "Leather is actually a non Jewish thing" - and my first thought was about those shoes I'm not supposed to wear on Yom Kippur - implying they are worn the rest of year, by Jews.

real

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 12:35 pm
Honestly, I just think the person looks stupid. No-one wears that nowadays and it looks like the person is trying to show off money that she has when really nobody cares!

princessleah

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:13 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Tzaar baalei chayim refers to needless pain. We are allowed to shecht even though it causes minimal pain.

One can make the argument in the present that killing animals for fur IS causing needless pain, since there are plenty of materials (microfleece, wool, synthetics) that can provide as much warmth without killing animals.

princessleah

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:14 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you wear pleather shoes and boots? Or are you a "lowlife"?

BTW, leather jackets, coats and skirts are worn by all kinds of lowlifes like Kate Middleton

Melania Trump

and Michelle Obama

Oh dear, one of your examples is proving her point about lowlifes!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:53 am
princessleah wrote:
Oh dear, one of your examples is proving her point about lowlifes!

IKR, why would she put Michelle Obama on there?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:27 am
Purple amother wrote:
I am getting really tired of the "go do your research" bit.

I'm not even sure how I'd research the claim that "Leather jackets were at one point worn only my [sic] motorcycle gangs and harlots."

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:34 am
amother wrote:

Well she's not the peron in that post whose nude photos appeared in British GQ magazine in 2000 ...

princessleah

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:41 am
amother wrote:

Nice try. Seriously, I can understand if you didn’t agree with some of Pres. Obama’s policies, but can you point to ONE concrete example of something Michelle did that would qualify her as a dirtbag????

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 8:00 am
Just an example!!

The leather jacket became symbolic of the bad boy and rebel, and students would be banned from wearing them at schools across the US. That stigma was reinforced in the 1970s and '80s, when the Ramones wore Schott jackets as part of their signature punk look.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 8:14 am
a leather coat would not work today in the midwest ladies pull out any fur coats you have its record breaking freezing

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
Just an example!!

The leather jacket became symbolic of the bad boy and rebel, and students would be banned from wearing them at schools across the US. That stigma was reinforced in the 1970s and '80s, when the Ramones wore Schott jackets as part of their signature punk look.

Sorry, that's an example of research?

Chloe

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 9:15 am
ectomorph wrote:

The fur industry is the epitome of Tzaar Balei Chayim. A true sadistic industry.
It should be mandatory for people to watch the videos of animals skinned and butchered alive, widely available on YouTube, before purchasing fur.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 12:10 pm
Chloe wrote:
The fur industry is the epitome of Tzaar Balei Chayim. A true sadistic industry.
It should be mandatory for people to watch the videos of animals skinned and butchered alive, widely available on YouTube, before purchasing fur.

I cant say this hasnt crossed my mind, but I wonder about the Chassidic Grand Rabbis being totally ok with all their Chassidim wearing Shtreimlach.

You seem to be very emotional about this topic. Have you ever considered taking this up with any Chassidic Grand Rabbis?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 1:27 pm
So regarding leather, when Moshiach comes will all teffilin be made out of polyester?

Will the korban Pesach be tofu?

Scratching Head

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 4:27 pm
meme6 wrote:
Leather jackets were at one point worn only my motorcycle gangs and harlots. Go do your research

Seamed stocking were at one point only worn by harlots.
Doesn't prove anything.

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 4:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Seamed stocking were at one point only worn by harlots.
Doesn't prove anything.

Underrated post. You win the internet today!!!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics