Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup help

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 11:46 am
Hi! I'm looking to add and improve my makeup. Firstly, any good videos to watch to help me learn to apply makeup? I'm not very good with colors or technique and would love some links to tutorials. Also is there any way to figure out what colors id need for example for eye brows without going in to a store? Any other makeup advice?

thepickled

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 11:59 am
Watch Lisa Eldridge makeup videos on YouTube. She’s a true expert and is very clear. You can make the pace slower if you need. I believe she has a makeup basics series, check the playlist section.

If you are looking to fill in your eyebrows with powder, pencil, or pen, look for something very slightly lighter than your eyebrow color and stay away from warmer-toned colors at all costs, unless you’re a redhead. The color should look almost greyish in tone. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz is easy to use if you are able to be precise (soft and very thin pencil).

The most fail-safe option is a colored eye brow gel (Benefit has a good one), but this won’t do much in the way of shaping your brows unless your brows are well-shaped and already at your ideal thickness. It will just enhance what’s there.

You can look up swatches for many products simply by googling “Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz swatches.” But if you don’t know what type of color would look right on you, it’s going to be tough to decide which color is right for you. Best to go into a store and try things on.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:00 pm
It all depends on your skin tone and eye color.
I am blonde. My eyebrow pencil would look awful on my sister who is brunette, and vice versa.
I have round hooded blue eyes and cool tone pale skin. My eyeshadow colors and technique and shape would not look good on someone without hooded eyes that are almond shape and has warm skin.
Give me an idea of your coloring (hair and eye color? Is your skin dark or light? Is your skin more yellow or more pink?)

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:36 pm
Thank you! I'm an ashy dirty blond hair color, my eyebrows are a very light brown but blonde at the edges. Very pale skin color, slantyish smallish light blue eyes, not sure of the terminology...

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:58 pm
Ok so get the Wet n Wild walking on eggshells palette. Its cheap, and really easy to use because it only has 3 colors: a white-ish color for inner corners and brow bone, light pink for lid, and brown for crease. And you need a good primer, so try the milani eyeshadow primer. Follow Tati's makeup tutorials. She breaks everything down really easy.
Get a taupe color eyebrow product, since you're ashy. You dont wanna go too orange.
Get a pinky/peachy blush. Looks the most natural on pale skin.
For lips- its hit or miss a lot of the time. Go for a natural pink. My favorite one is the rimmel London lipsticks, the kate moss line, number 17. And then I put Lipchic on top to make it stay (from amazon).

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:
Ok so get the Wet n Wild walking on eggshells palette. Its cheap, and really easy to use because it only has 3 colors: a white-ish color for inner corners and brow bone, light pink for lid, and brown for crease. And you need a good primer, so try the milani eyeshadow primer. Follow Tati's makeup tutorials. She breaks everything down really easy.
Get a taupe color eyebrow product, since you're ashy. You dont wanna go too orange.
Get a pinky/peachy blush. Looks the most natural on pale skin.
For lips- its hit or miss a lot of the time. Go for a natural pink. My favorite one is the rimmel London lipsticks, the kate moss line, number 17. And then I put Lipchic on top to make it stay (from amazon).

Thank you!!! Where do you recommend getting these products from? Online?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:05 pm
All good advice here.

Another idea would be to book a makeover at Sephora, because then they can see you and help you figure out the best colors for you. Let them know the makeup look you’re looking for. Sephora is also nice because you can get samples of many things. If there’s something you like at Sephora, you can always check online to see if there’s a similar color for cheaper, if you’re interested.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you!!! Where do you recommend getting these products from? Online?

You're welcome Smile
Totally amazon prime it so u have it in 2 days and you dont have to leave your house
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics