Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What Are You Passionate About?
Previous  1  2

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 7:27 pm
Early intervention.

The US health care system.

The high cost of frum living.

When people spend more money (or expend more time and energy) then they have just because they have to follow the Klein's.

The cookie cutter nature of many frum communities.

The fact that there are many people in power in the frum community that shouldn't be there.

That there's not enough room in our schools for "everyone".

honeymoon

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 8:07 pm
That being an elite and respected family, school, city etc. means imposing every frumkeit in the book on everyone involved and disowning them if they don't conform. Forgetting that there's an innately good Neshama beneath the too short skirt and thick eyeliner. I'm passionate that the attitude needs to change and I'm trying my best to change it, one person at a time.

Surrendered

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 8:11 pm
I get worked up When koller wives complain that they live a low standard lifestyle.
Well, it's a choice and a zchus to have DH learn in kollel.
Living simply is part of the deal. Many working families live on the same low budget and same standard.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 8:18 pm
Oakandfig19, am totally with you on the gender issues.
These are mine:
Stereotypes and biases (includes sexism, racism, and any broad statements on groups of people “liberals are insane” “men are pigs” “Muslims are terrorists“ “this sect of yidden do this or that” “non Jews are xyz” you get the picture)

Covering up of abuse (raaaaa!!!! My blood pressure is boiling already) and any “nah, that doesn’t happen by us erliche” cover ups

Chassidishe women not driving. And all stupid societal rules that have been adopted with the fervor and intensity of Toraas Moshe to the point that keeping them becomes more important than real mitzvos (for example breaking hilchos yichud in a car service as long as you don’t chulila drive yourself)

Blue jay

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:00 pm
I’ll chime in...
This thread really had me thinking...

Family and Klal Yisroal!

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:37 am
making sure all children have food to eat and clothes to wear. I also think that it's really important for people to know that yes there are people who may be your neighbors who don't have money for food. please live with sensitivity. you really never know.

getting kids into school. the system is disgusting. it's olam hasheker to the max.

advocating for single moms. no one has the right to make them feel like they can't be amazing parents and make a wonderful home for their kids.

edited to add
birth control!!

top mom

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:27 am
Injustice!
When people stick up for the abusers instead of the victims!!!
I (almost) literally feel my my blood boiling when I speak to people with twisted minds who don't want to hear or accept the reality

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:54 am
Medical Billing

People who don't understand that getting tuition scholarships is charity and they should treat is as such and not as a "discount"

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:59 am
list making

pause

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:51 am
Women's halachic freedom to use BC

Marriage requires maintenance and prioritizing it. If you don't put in the work, don't complain about your relationship; it's not all on him. (Except for abuse.)

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:51 am
Minhagim (Yekkes claim menhig brecht din Wink )
Family, from marrying Jewish to genealogy
Fair

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 10:32 am
Mental health awareness.

A woman in labor is the one delivering the child and is capable of making decisions regarding her own body.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 10:50 am
oakandfig19, are you my secret twin? Very Happy I love all your posts.

I am passionate about avocados. Hass (the hard bumpy skinned ones) are the only true avocados.

The smooth skinned ones that you get in the winter are a lie. They look beautiful, but they never really get ripe. By the time they seem ripe, they are completely brown inside. If you try to eat them before they spoil, while they are still green inside, then they are hard, watery, and flavorless. No matter how badly I am craving an avocado, I will never throw my money at a smooth avocado ever again. It's nothing but heartache and disappointment.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 10:54 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
oakandfig19, are you my secret twin? Very Happy I love all your posts.

I am passionate about avocados. Hass (the hard bumpy skinned ones) are the only true avocados.

The smooth skinned ones that you get in the winter are a lie. They look beautiful, but they never really get ripe. By the time they seem ripe, they are completely brown inside. If you try to eat them before they spoil, while they are still green inside, then they are hard, watery, and flavorless. No matter how badly I am craving an avocado, I will never throw my money at a smooth avocado ever again. It's nothing but heartache and disappointment.

So come visit us! We sometimes have perfect ones, but I don’t get them often enough.

estelle

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 11:47 am
I am passionate about women making their own choices and being in control of their own lives and that they can do whatever they want to do regardless of a patriarchal frum system.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:02 pm
estelle wrote:
I am passionate about women making their own choices and being in control of their own lives and that they can do whatever they want to do regardless of a patriarchal frum system.

Amen. From your mouth to G-d's ears!

qwerty4

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:06 pm
Guys refusing their wives a get

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:23 pm
Safety
In my community and area it's very unsafe. Starting with reflectors at nighttime, dogs on leashes, driving safety, speed, cell usage and seat bets, school bus safety, street safety, kids supervision. Everything about being safe responsible adults.
There is a major lack in this area where u live. Coming from the school and jewish community and the nonjewish community alike.

Simplicity and BALANCE in all areas of life

Live and let live

Respect, Acceptance, love and the value of every yiddisha neshama no matter what. (Not necessarily acceptance of behaviour. But of the yiddisha neshama inside all of us)

nechamashifra

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 5:58 pm
I saw the thread title and was about to say nature and travel but then I looked at all the other posts and it looks like it's more of a "what are you angry about" kind of thread so I''l say this: what makes me mad is the way it has become accepted in the world to put men down and this Gillette ad is just a perfect example of how it's become the norm to declare that man= bully, s-xual harasser, etc
Gillette, the best men can be

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:36 pm
Good point nechamashifra. Some positivity—in that case I am passionate about literature and sociology. Especially about examining culture and how ideologies are formed and change, and how they are then portrayed in pop culture and art of the time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics