Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
To the moms whose children’s sleep at 8:00 o clock :
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:14 am
Ruchel wrote:
7 oclock would be a stressor for me. I don't like rushing the night

What time do your kids go to sleep and wake up?

Op is not sticking to a bedtime and finds that her kids are tired in the morning, often having to wake them up.

salt

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:25 am
Why are people so insistent that a child wakes up on his own in the morning.
My 8 year old DD loves her alarm clock. She sets it for 6am - it wakes her, she's not already awake, but she gets out of bed pretty easily. She doesn't have to get up at 6 - she just likes to have a lot of time in the morning. So if she's a little tired she'll snooze for 10 minutes and then get up.
She's not tired during the day, and she's usually in bed by 8:30 (she the youngest, of several siblings, so it's hard to get her to bed before that).
But what I'm saying is, adults rarely wake up on their own, we all set alarms. There's nothing wrong with having to wake a child. If you're having to scrape them out of bed, or re-wake them for half an hour, maybe they're not getting enough sleep, but if they seem ready enough to get up when you wake them, then they're probably getting enough sleep.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:33 am
The thing about bedtime is that there are no hard or fast rules

For my family and early bedtime and early wake-up works well for our bodies and our routine

For another family going to bed very late and waking up very late might work better
perhaps both parents work at jobs that don't require them to be out of the house very early

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:49 am
amother wrote:
What time do your kids go to sleep and wake up?

Op is not sticking to a bedtime and finds that her kids are tired in the morning, often having to wake them up.

I operate on a schedule that wouldn't fit the anglo moms Wink think Israeli people who go out late

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 8:57 pm
ectomorph wrote:

For another family going to bed very late and waking up very late might work better
perhaps both parents work at jobs that don't require them to be out of the house very early
I’m Op ... in the country where I live everything it’s verrryy late, you go to restaurants and you see half of the families with their kids at night ...1/ 2 o clock am
When I had my first daughter I was very strict about bed time and she would sleep 7:30 every night ...now that I have 3 it’s harder to put them all together ,so I need my husbands help ...when he comes late ,they sleep late ,when he comes early they are used to the late hours so they’re can’t fall asleep ... I understand that every family it’s different the thing is that it’s not working anymore !! I’m so tiredness ,I have no time to myself at night ... so I Do want to change
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics