Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr Rickert - ENT

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:23 pm
Looking for info about dr Rickert. Please share with me your experience in dealing with him. Thanks!

momsrus

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:24 pm
Great experience removing tonsils. My sister and friend were impressed too.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:18 pm
He took care of my son’s tongue tie. Very nice, professional, have no complaints at all. He’s a younger doctor with a great bedside manner.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:59 pm
Used him for all of my kids (every one of them has needed tonsils, adenoids, tubes, or more than one of those). We love him. Great with the kids, does not push surgery (will try other things first), and everyone has done well with him. It's tough to get an initial appointment but I think that's true of all the good ENTs.

SYA

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:08 pm
Used him for tongue tie, lip tie and tubes with more than one child and he was great. Very calm, explains everything and patient.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:21 pm
I agree with all of the above. I was thrilled with him.

bunchagirlies

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:27 pm
used him for 2 kids. complicated history, and he was great at clearing it all up! 1 had tonsils adenoids tubes, and he was great!! other I was sure needed tonsils out but he managed to help us avoid surgery bH. great bedside manners!

tkren

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:34 pm
Used him for my son adenoids and tonsils he was great!

octopus

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:37 pm
Exceptional dr! Tries other things before choosing surgery. Skilled surgeon. Great bedside manner.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
He took care of my son’s tongue tie. Very nice, professional, have no complaints at all. He’s a younger doctor with a great bedside manner.

He's not so young . He just looks young

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 5:56 pm
Thank you all for your replies!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
He's not so young . He just looks young

I was under the impression that he’s younger than most popular ents and was quite impressed how highly recommended he is

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:24 pm
He is awesome! My daughter kept getting repeated throat infections. Her Dr. said she probably needs her tonsils out, go to Dr. Rickert. He did a thorough check and said he thinks we can cure this without surgery. He told her to gargle with salt water every night, and come back in a month. As old school as it sounded it really worked BH!!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:50 pm
He is so so great! Professional and so personable! He has so good at what he does and has amazing bedside manner with kids! I remember him singing the wheels on the bus to my one year old when she was on the operating table as the anesthesiologist was in the process of putting her to sleep... Beyond impressed with him!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:57 pm
amother wrote:
I was under the impression that he’s younger than most popular ents and was quite impressed how highly recommended he is

I don’t know how young he is. But I remember being amused by his socks.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 7:18 pm
bunchagirlies wrote:
used him for 2 kids. complicated history, and he was great at clearing it all up! 1 had tonsils adenoids tubes, and he was great!! other I was sure needed tonsils out but he managed to help us avoid surgery bH. great bedside manners!
how were you able to avoid?

bnm

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
I don’t know how young he is. But I remember being amused by his socks.

yup. my kid commented on his pink argyle socks a few years ago

I don't know if he is 'young'- check his profile page on NYU and check when he graduated but he is younger than Dr. Goldsmith/Rosenfeld and a few of the popular ents in NYC. I myself went to Goldsmith many years ago and he was also young once. Time and life experiences age you. (My kid saw Dr. Rickert first 4 years ago and the dr looks at least 10 years older now if your judging by looks)

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 5:47 am
He first gave us a spray to help shrink tonsils even though he didn't think it would be enough to avoid surgery. He was right. But I was grateful that he wasn't jumping to cut right away.

liba2020

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 7:40 am
Used him recently for my 2 year old that needed ear tubes in both ears. Very successful and satisfied. B"H
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics