Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Until what age does your baby use the stroller basinnet?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:31 am
My baby is 4 months old and I still take her out in the bassinet, but today I met an acquaintance and she made some kind of snide comment about how she thought I must have just had a baby in the last few weeks since I'm using a bassinet. It sounded to me like she was implying that it was unusual to use a bassinet at this stage. Is there any reason why I shouldn't be using it? She's on the small size (13 pounds) and seems happy and comfortable in there.

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:33 am
Once your baby moves around on his/her own you should change since the bassinet is no longer safe at that point. This is a developmental milestone, which babies generally reach between 4 and 6 months.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:37 am
When babies start looking and moving around more they tend to feel trapped in the bassinet. Usually by 4 months is a good time to transfer.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:59 am
Mine outgrew it by 3 months but by 3.5-4 months many babies (mine) enjoy looking around.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
My baby is 4 months old and I still take her out in the bassinet, but today I met an acquaintance and she made some kind of snide comment about how she thought I must have just had a baby in the last few weeks since I'm using a bassinet. It sounded to me like she was implying that it was unusual to use a bassinet at this stage. Is there any reason why I shouldn't be using it? She's on the small size (13 pounds) and seems happy and comfortable in there.

So long as she is safe. I used mine for a very long time. Made me feel good.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 11:14 am
6-7 months once they start crying when going out I transfer.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 11:27 am
OP, if your baby is happy in the bassinet I would not switch till the winter is over.

simcha2

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 11:34 am
Once they can roll over.

aliavi

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
OP, if your baby is happy in the bassinet I would not switch till the winter is over.

This. If you are in this cold weather its much easier to get the blankets to stay and then you don't have to fuss with the stroller muff thing for the regular seats. As long as your baby is safe. If you are a FTM you will hear countless comments like this as your DD grows (not assuming), some are helpful reminders.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 12:00 pm
Thanks to you all. She does roll over from stomach to back, but I keep her on her back in the bassinet and she stays that way. I also have my eyes on her the entire time so she can't get too far.

It makes sense to wait until it warms up. She does stay nicely tucked under her blanket in there.

I'm by no means a first-time mother (we're a 2-digit family), but I've never used a bassinet before. I had my other kids in a regular stroller lying flat from day one--or with the car seat attachment for short periods at a time.

aliavi

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks to you all. She does roll over from stomach to back, but I keep her on her back in the bassinet and she stays that way. I also have my eyes on her the entire time so she can't get too far.

It makes sense to wait until it warms up. She does stay nicely tucked under her blanket in there.

I'm by no means a first-time mother (we're a 2-digit family), but I've never used a bassinet before. I had my other kids in a regular stroller lying flat from day one--or with the car seat attachment for short periods at a time.

You know what you're doing then! I also didn't use the bassinet thing earlier on because it seemed expensive for short us and we were buying so many other things. Stay warm.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 12:19 pm
You can use it as long as it’s safe and baby fits comfortably.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 12:39 pm
Until about 3 months. Then I put it on the floor in my room and she slept in it, well swaddled for another few months until she no longer fit.
They are not so safe since the baby is not strapped at all. Try to use only for short strolls on flat ground. Don’t let other children push it.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 1:01 pm
Zehava wrote:
6-7 months once they start crying when going out I transfer.

Wow! We’re your babies tiny? What brand bassinet did they fit into at 6-7 months?

(Mine outgrew uppababy at 2 months and outgrew city select at 3 months)

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 1:11 pm
I can’t handle babies laying flat staring into space. I skip the whole bassinet part!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 1:25 pm
Flowerpower, I put the toy arch on the stroller or hang a toy from the hood.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 2:57 pm
At about 2.5 months my baby didn’t like to just lie there so I switched him to the regular seat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics