Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
4 year old having accidents in school!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 3:41 pm
My 4 year old daughter has recently started to have accidents in school eventhough she has been trained for almost a year. This is her second year in school (although it is a real school instead of a smaller nursery school) and it is already the end of October so you would think she would be used to it by now.

Lately, she has been having accidents in school, this is her second. (she had a #2 accident a couple weeks ago as well, which I thought was due to some medical problem but I dont think that anymore since she seems to be on a normal schedule with using the bathroom)

I am seriously terrified that the Morah's will hate her and the other kids will make fun of her. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!!

hila

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 3:44 pm
No one is going to hate her. This is nursery school. not high school

1. check with her teacher to find out if she has problems at all. I found that my kids had accidents when tehy were unhappy.

2. Talk to her about school . Ask about her friends and what she plays with. Maybe she is too busy to remember to go.

Dont get stressed. accept it. When you are with her remind her gently about going.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 10:22 pm
My 4 year old has had a similar issue with #2. I had gone to the doctor and in his case it was soiling caused by constipation. How is her stomach/ diet?
It could also be other issues but if you are concerned, maybe check with your doctor. It could just be a stage with the new class/ teacher/ and may go away. I understand how you feel about the Morah and other kids. But, I don't think the other kids really paid attention or noticed what happened(at least in my son's case). I did feel embarrassed and awful for the Morah who had to deal with it.

Wish I could be of more help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training