Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
What kind of programming would your family love to listen to

Which channels should be added next to NakiRadio?
Music And More Music  
 18%  [ 8 ]
More Stories for Kids  
 48%  [ 21 ]
More Shiurim  
 4%  [ 2 ]
Family Friendly News  
 11%  [ 5 ]
Jewish Talk Radio  
 13%  [ 6 ]
Other (please specify)  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

Yael

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 7:06 pm
Hey Imamothers!

Would you take a minute to give us your input on (Jewish) programming your family would love to listen to? Your opinions would be so helpful even if you do not yet own a NakiRadio!

The team at NakiRadio is constantly working on new programming to add to our selection of Jewish channels live-streaming on our family friendly WiFi radio. Our most popular channels so far include the latest Jewish music hits, R’ Yitzy Erps stories for kids, New York Jewish Radio and Scoop Kids Radio. So what do you think should be next for NakiRadio?

Introduced to the market a short few months ago, NakiRadio has quickly become a hit with Jewish families everywhere. Our sleek retro WiFi Radio player is easy to use and works anywhere there is a WiFi connection. With a 10 hour rechargeable battery, families are enjoying portable Jewish music and programming from a large variety of channels on a convenient and safe device.
See our full list of current channels and learn more about NakiRadio on our website –NakiRadio.com

Are you a happy NakiRadio owner? Let us know below what you’re loving on your NakiRadio!

Don’t own one yet? Get yours now with free shipping for all Imamothers!
(Use code ‘Imamother’ at checkout)

Sponsored Post

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 7:09 pm
Stories for kids. But! No scary, spooky or fire and brimstone stories. We need gentle, positive, uplifting inspiration for the generation we are raising.

bigsis144

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 7:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Stories for kids. But! No scary, spooky or fire and brimstone stories. We need gentle, positive, uplifting inspiration for the generation we are raising.

This.

And while I understand that non-Jews have persecuted us since the beginning of our history, and would naturally play the villains in many stories, I would greatly appreciate stories that aren’t racist against them, or portray offensive stereotypes.

subee

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 7:32 pm
We love our naki radio. My kids are listening to country yossi all the time and loving it. It definitely has a positive impact on the mood in the house. I would love kids stories, and also shiurim during the day when the kids are in school. I have less interest in jewish talk radio unless it's genuinely funny, or if it's kids calling in. My husband would love a Carlebach channel with lots of stories.

Milky

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 8:59 pm
Perhaps a women's shiurim channel with popular speakers? Short weekly parsha with a quick practical lesson, parenting topics etc?

My kids would love real weekly contests or ongoing series.

Great work so far, thank you!

Surrendered

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 10:21 pm

Last edited by Surrendered on Sun, Feb 03 2019, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 10:26 pm
A professional with personality like Art Raymond used to be (WEVD), who would have a talk show.

These days those who have internet, really dont need music or Shiurim.

They have https://jewishmusicstream.com/listen/ for music.

And Torahanytime for more Shiurim than you can ever listen to.

Last edited by Mevater on Sat, Feb 02 2019, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 10:28 pm
Mevater wrote:
A professional with personality like Art Raymond used to be (WEVD), who would have a talk show.

These days those who have internet, really dont need music.

They have https://jewishmusicstream.com/listen/

Oh the memories! Art Rayyyyymond Simcha, Art Raymond Simcha... Shmerling, shmerling, chocolate, chocolate...

watergirl

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 10:38 pm
I would only be interested in this if it was not NY centric, if the speakers/presenters/storytellers were accent free (aka not Brooklyn heavy accent or not heavy Yiddish accent - my kids cant understand when its like that), and like bigsis144 said, free from racist stereotypes. They dont enjoy the call in story lines because the recordings are often hard to hear or hard to understand for kids who arent familiar with frumspeak etc.

Would it be commercial free? If not, how is it different than the other frum internet based radio stations?

nte

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 11:40 pm
watergirl wrote:
I would only be interested in this if it was not NY centric, if the speakers/presenters/storytellers were accent free (aka not Brooklyn heavy accent or not heavy Yiddish accent - my kids cant understand when its like that), and like bigsis144 said, free from racist stereotypes. They dont enjoy the call in story lines because the recordings are often hard to hear or hard to understand for kids who arent familiar with frumspeak etc.

Would it be commercial free? If not, how is it different than the other frum internet based radio stations?

Many of the Frum internet channels are already playing on NakiRadio. The advantage is having a separate device to stream music and other content so it’s easy to access (kids can stop stealing your phone!)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 12:06 am
My kids listened to Rabbi Juravel's parshah stories for hours and hours.

Queen18

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 12:32 am
Rabbi Juravel and Rebbee Hill

Sonia

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 2:22 am
Shiurim for adults. All kinds. Chabad shiurim etc

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 7:32 am
nte wrote:
Many of the Frum internet channels are already playing on NakiRadio. The advantage is having a separate device to stream music and other content so it’s easy to access (kids can stop stealing your phone!)

Are there commercials?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 7:44 am
Queen18 wrote:
Rabbi Juravel and Rebbee Hill

My kids would not enjoy Rebbe Hill. I don't know what Rabbi Juravel is like.

nte

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:54 am
watergirl wrote:
Are there commercials?

It depends on the channel. Some do, many don’t.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:47 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
My kids listened to Rabbi Juravel's parshah stories for hours and hours.

Isn't he your uncle? Smile I think you've mentioned it before.
I don't know anything about the radio and have no interest in it, but I asked my sister and her kids who have it and they said hands down, more music and good music. It really depends on the audience you ask. The youngest in the family I asked is 10.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics