Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Lighting candle L'Iluy Nishmas R' Menachem Mendel of Riminov
1  2  3  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:20 pm
How do you do it? Have it burning night and day? Just day and put it out at night (I'm a little nervous leaving it?

spoiled

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 2:42 am
A lechtl each day, leilui nishmas. Can even be a tiny one for half an hour.

fish

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 6:17 am
I lit a candle each day for 40 days and saw a yeshua.
I also gave Tzedakah at the same time.

subee

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 6:15 pm
I'm posting to publisize that I lit a candle daily lilui nishmas R' Menachem Mendel ben Yosef M'Riminov and bH what I davened for came to fruition.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 8:29 pm
Please can you explain exactly what to do eg when/ how to light what to say etc. When to daven. How to Dave m. What to raven for.

Eg can you just raven for your kids to be happy people who so cheesed kindness Torah and mitzcos?

Plus what is the source of this segulah and how do u know it's ok?

Plus how do you know that what you are davening for is best for you?

yksraya

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
Please can you explain exactly what to do eg when/ how to light what to say etc. When to daven. How to Dave m. What to raven for.

Eg can you just raven for your kids to be happy people who so cheesed kindness Torah and mitzcos?

Plus what is the source of this segulah and how do u know it's ok?

Plus how do you know that what you are davening for is best for you?

It's a segulah to light a candle for 40 days for R'menachem mendel ben yosef M'riminov. It's usually done when someone is in need of a certain yeshua, like for a shiduch of an older single etc. But am sure you can really just daven for anything. You light the candle, can be any candle, and you say liluy nishmas menachem mendel ben yosef mriminov, and you than add your little tefillah for what you wanna pray for.

Much hatzlaha.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 9:05 pm
What time of day? Does it have to be the same time? What happens w shabbas?

subee

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 9:10 pm
I got this from an old thread. I used a tea light

Light olive oil enough for 1 hour, give a coin to tzedaka, same amount every day, before lighting. Daven that "I am giving this tzedaka and lighting this flame l'ilui nishmas Rebbe Menachem Mendel ben Yosef M'Riminov. After lighting, daven that the zechuyos of the Rebbe of Riminov should stand for you in shamayim as you make your bakashah. Then make your bakasha, only one, the same one for all 40 days. After making your request, promise that you will publisize this segulah when you receive your yeshuah. For shabbos, light right before licht benching. Do light for Friday earlier in day.

I don't know the source of the segula.

Last edited by subee on Sat, Feb 02 2019, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

yksraya

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 9:10 pm
Any time of the day. For shabbos I think a 1-2 day candle etc light it before shabbos, so it's burning on shabbos as well.

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 10:20 pm
Last week, a relative of mine lost something quite valuable. He looked for it all over, called ppl at the place he may have lost it, and they looked for it all day, but no one was able to find it.
Later that day, they called him to say that they found it. They lit a candle for R' Menachem Mendel, and saw the item on the floor seconds later! It was the first time I'd heard of this segulah, but it's definitely powerful!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 1:25 pm
Can I do this for more than one issue or is it 40 days for each issue that I need a yeshua for?

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 8:23 pm
Do you must give tzedaka as well? Or lighting candle is enough

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:55 am
Can someone explain who this rav is and why the yeshous are supposed to come to fruition when doing this?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:59 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Can someone explain who this rav is and why the yeshous are supposed to come to fruition when doing this?

It's a thing that has become popular. It's strangely similar to novenas to St. Jude. I suppose if someone doesn't mind that, and doesn't think she is likely to be disillusioned if she doesn't see the yeshuos she wants, it's pretty harmless.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:56 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Here is information about R Menachem Mendel of Rimanov but I don't know where the segulah originated.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:07 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
It's a thing that has become popular. It's strangely similar to novenas to St. Jude. I suppose if someone doesn't mind that, and doesn't think she is likely to be disillusioned if she doesn't see the yeshuos she wants, it's pretty harmless.

Well since the successes are being made public, the expectations are much higher since we hear many success stories.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:17 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Well since the successes are being made public, the expectations are much higher since we hear many success stories.

People rarely publicize that they did some kind of segula and nothing happened.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:30 am
I think he wrote it in a Sefer that if people light a candle for him he will beseech Hashem with bakasha being asked. He also wrote to please publicize it after 40 days.

Of course it can’t hurt to try.
Please remember to daven and say tehillim each day of the 40 days you are lighting for r’ Menachem Mendel.

amother
White

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 7:55 pm
Inspired by all of you I began to light as well. And bH saw a yeshua iyH it will continue on. Not sure that I followed the 40 days properly. For Shabbos I lit the candle right after Havdalah. (I know that's counted as Sunday). I think that next time I would light an extra candle when I bentch lecht before Shabbos. But bH. I would like to start another round.. wanted to share and publicize.

lilies

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Inspired by all of you I began to light as well. And bH saw a yeshua iyH it will continue on. Not sure that I followed the 40 days properly. For Shabbos I lit the candle right after Havdalah. (I know that's counted as Sunday). I think that next time I would light an extra candle when I bentch lecht before Shabbos. But bH. I would like to start another round.. wanted to share and publicize.

I'm not sure but that might cause you to need to light an extra candle every week forever.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics