Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Need a journal ad asap :(

gymyress

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:25 pm
my daughters school is a recent one and I need to place an ad honorinng the principal. I want it to b sweet Smile.

help!!!!!!

gymyress

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:32 pm
any pesukim too would be even better Smile

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 1:30 pm
Does the principal have an outstanding quality or qualities you would want to emphasize?

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a writer but think you need to give more information to get anything but generic responses.

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 4:41 pm
Our yeshiva has repeatedly asked people NOT to use pesukim in ads because according to many opinions that becomes sheimos.

Why do you "need" to place an ad honoring the principal? Is this an obligation?

I used to wrack my brains to come up with clever, witty, cute or profound journal ads. Older and wiser now, and less willing to waste energy on something that will be read once, if at all, and then thrown out, I understand that the ikkar is giving the money. "Our deepest appreciation to Rabbi &/or Mrs. School Principal for your tireless efforts/superb leadership/not calling the cops on our kids (or whatever) from Zenobia and Zander Zaqarias" is perfectly fine.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 11:33 pm
I need text for a journal ad so I did a search here. Thank you zaq for the good laugh!

Still need a simple line for a small ad for ds's rebbeim for yeshiva journal. TIA!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 10:46 am
Thank you to _______ and all the wonderful staff who have been true partners in our children's chinuch.

If there are guests of honor who are bringing in $$$ I would start with a line thanking them and all who support the school, maybe with a "vchol me she'oskim btarchei tzibbur be'emunah", which might not be shaimos.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 6:29 am
I don't think it matters what you write. If you're advertising a business you want to choose your words attract customers but if you're just putting in an ad to support the organization the important thing is your donation, so just ask them to write something reasonable. And if an ad appears saying "Something reasonable from Mr. and Mrs. Ploni" take a picture and post it here.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 6:31 am
I never do that

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 8:10 am
gymyress wrote:
my daughters school is a recent one and I need to place an ad honorinng the principal. I want it to b sweet Smile.

help!!!!!!

In honor of Rabbi ABC

For your mesiras nefesh and dedication to Yeshiva XYZ

Thank you for being a true partner in our son's _____ chinuch

Mr. & Mrs. 123

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 12:19 pm
If I ever put in an ad for a student I used their name, making a rhyme, with each line starting with the letters spelling their name vertically.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club