Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Toras Moshe in Israel

stephjos2

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:27 pm
My son's rebbe thinks my son has the smarts to get into this Yeshiva, does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge of this Yeshiva that they can tell me about it?

thank you in advance!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:34 pm
My son is there. It's for boys that are interested in learning and also interested in having a good time.

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:40 pm
My impression is that it's for guys who are serious about using their time in Israel to learn and grow, but often come from OOT or not the most yeshivish backgrounds. The Rosh Yeshiva and Rebbeim are very warm and dedicated to the boys. Most stay for 1-2 years and then return to the US to pursue college, though some become so committed to their learning that they stay longer or switch to the Mir.

stephjos2

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:45 pm
Dear Doctorima,
what is OOT? thank you

shev

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:47 pm
Oot-out of town

stephjos2

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:51 pm
amother wrote:
My son is there. It's for boys that are interested in learning and also interested in having a good time.

If I describe my son could you say yay or nay that he would "fit" in
He dresses in Black n white during the week , black hat for davening and shabbos..
Loves sports, watching them and playing them, talking about them,
Good learner when it is time to learn but on off time , he likes to shmooze with friends and play basketball etc...
He is not a "party boy" does not drink, use bad language and has no interest in that.
He want to come back to the states after learning to attend a frum college like Landers College for Men in Queens like his brother who spent 2 years in Ner Israel.

How are the dorms? are they kept up or are they really run down and not nice
He does not need the ritz carlton but I would like him to be comfortable while away.

The rebbeim are ok if they boys want to go to college after learning?

stephjos2

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:53 pm
shev wrote:
Oot-out of town

Thank you!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 4:58 pm
stephjos2 wrote:
He dresses in Black n white during the week , black hat for davening and shabbos..
Good learner when it is time to learn but on off time , he likes to shmooze with friends and play basketball etc...
He is not a "party boy" does not drink, use bad language and has no interest in that.
He want to come back to the states after learning to attend a frum college like Landers College for Men in Queens like his brother who spent 2 years in Ner Israel.

He does not need the ritz carlton but I would like him to be comfortable while away.

From what you're describing I think he'd fit in. There are many boys there so it's not necessarily 1 specific crowd. I know my son is learning but he's also there to enjoy and have a good time.

stephjos2

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 5:03 pm
stephjos2 wrote:

how are the dorms?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 9:32 pm
stephjos2 wrote:
how are the dorms?

My son is in a different yeshiva in Israel and went to ToMo for Shabbos recently. He said that the dorms are pretty run down. Is that an important consideration to your son, or to you, or to both of you? Wink What I mean is, that often we mothers hope for a higher standard of living for our sons, but really they can handle it better than we think they can.

My 12th grader is also hoping to apply to ToMo this coming year. I am wondering if our sons know each other already, your description of your son sounds like one of my son's good friends Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics