Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Can you tell me about The Lost Song?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:40 pm
I have the video From Outside the Camp. I find it riveting and I am thinking of purchasing the other play, The Lost Song.
Can someone give me an overview of the story and what happens, before I buy it? I know it's about two sisters who get into an argument but that's all I know from the trailer. Can someone tell me more details?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:58 pm
It's mega! Shows how the family gets ripped apart, the pain to the mother while they're each so wrapped up in themselves, and the nimshal is how we hurt Hashem when we His kids engage in machlokes. Ahavas chinam will bring the geula

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:58 pm
Thanks!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:00 pm
amother wrote:
It's mega! Shows how the family gets ripped apart, the pain to the mother while they're each so wrapped up in themselves, and the nimshal is how we hurt Hashem when we His kids engage in machlokes. Ahavas chinam will bring the geula

What are they fighting over? What are the consequences? What happens to the family in the end? (Don't worry about ruining the story for me)

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 6:39 am
Bump? Anyone?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:35 am
amother wrote:
What are they fighting over? What are the consequences? What happens to the family in the end? (Don't worry about ruining the story for me)

They fight over the running of their camp.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:16 am
Two sisters whose parents own a camp argue about the running of the camp. One of the sisters does not have children. The other basically makes camp decisions without consulting her. They argue and she stops coming to the camp. She ends up having a child, and when her sister comes to her Simcha, she kicks her out...flashback to the kamtz/Bar Kamtza story. They end up reconciling, not because everything is perfect but because they are willing to work things out for the sake of a relationship.

It was very well done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts