Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Morahs- what do you give for MM?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 9:38 pm
What do you give your 3-4 year old students when they come to you on Purim? Looking for a cute simple idea that would be enjoyed by girls and boys. THanks!

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:05 pm
Smiley Straw cup with nosh inside.
Colorful slinky with nosh inside
Gumball machine with candies
Pencil case with nosh inside with some cute stickers, pencils or erasers inside
Photo frame filled with jelly beans in frame or reg frame with class pic & nosh on top of that
Some kind of wallet/purse filled with nosh
Clown hat filled with nosh
My child once got negel vasser set with name. Cup was filled with homemade snowkisses.
Photo keychain hanging from a soda bottle
Blackboard/whiteboard/sketch erase boards filled with nosh.

Pickle1

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:08 pm
not a morah, but I can tell u what some morah's have given that my kids enjoyed. color coordinated nosh in a colored cute plastic cup that has straw attached wrapped in cellophane. a large sized slinky filled with nosh (broke qkly so I hated) . a stuffed animal with a zipper nosh placed inside.

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:09 pm
I would get a small chalkboard with chalk/eraser. Write a message on it. In other side put some snacks/wafers attached to it. Place in cellaphone bag & tie with a bow at side.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:58 pm
Hey morah- just give my kid anything please do not spend. They get enough junk all day. One exciting toy and one candy. I’m super serious.
Now may I ask - what do you expect to get from me? Would you rather cash or gift card or rather a gift?
Is it ok if I give you a simple grape juice and chocolate and add a gift card or would you rather I spend on the mm and less cash/gift card? Honest answer please.

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:03 pm
Of course teachers appreciate a bigger check than a huge fancy mm

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:05 pm
I was a teacher & literally sometimes got a bitsize chocolate with an envelope attached.

One yr I got a total od 15 large fancy chocolate boxes....from diff students....what was I supposed to do with it?

honeymoon

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:13 pm
I'm not a teacher to little kids anymore so I don't recall whats the norm to give. But as a mom I can kindly suggest to you what not to give. Please do not give my precious kid the most colored, sugary, flavored, sticky junk in the store. My kid is already on a sugar high from the nosh he got from grandma (5 of them k"h!), neighbors and friends etc.

All my kid wants is for you to look into his/her eyes, tell them how adorable their costume is and wish them a happy purim. A bag with one or two decent nosh and a prize will make them more than glad and what they will remember more than anything is the two minutes their teacher gave them to make their purim a truly happy one.

Kol hakavod to you teacher for teaching my precious child, and for helping them grow academically, spiritually and physically. Simchas Purim to you!

honeymoon

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:16 pm
I'd like to add from the teacher's perspective that a check with a nice note is what most teachers appreciate more than any wines, homemade cookies or chocolates; although these are nice too.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:34 pm
Truthfully, I haven't been a morah for years and years. I am pretty sure those morahs have enough mugs/platters to last a lifetime and would rather the cheque. There is such a thing a too many platters, but no such thing as too many cheques. I personally would appreciate either, though. Thank you for bringing your child on this busy day and taking the time time to prepare a package for me as well.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:38 pm
As a Morah, I keep it simple and healthy. A cute cup with a straw attached containing an all natural fruit strip, mini box of raisins, mini juicebox and sometimes a wafer.

To the kind poster who asked what Morahs like to recieve: I never receive checks, though I wish I did! Food wise, I personally prefer to be given bottles of wine or sparkling grape juice and kosher l'pesach chocolate or nice fruit. Wine/grape juice/chocolate can be put away for yomtov and helps reduce my Pesach expenses! Which is why I always give my kids' morahs grape juice and pesachdig chocolate too...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 6:25 am
Nothing, my kids are in family on purim. If we pass by a teacher we don't trade

funmother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 5:45 pm
Mines were most excited getting big prizes. My son was excited to get a wallet for all his purim gelt. My daughter got a cute piggy bank same idea. They get tons of nosh at the end of the day they dont remember which five people gave them tingles in there huge pile of nosh. Also popular. I love when the teacher includes a picture. As a mother I hate fizz its messy and soda, popular by boys
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics