Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Does Monsey have school buses?

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:03 am
Hi,

My family is considering moving to Monsey and I don’t drive. Do the Jewish schools have busses?

Also, do the kosher grocery stores deliver? What about pharmacies?

Thanks

thanks

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:08 am
Schools have busses, groceries deliver and the pharmacies are amazing.

A school that is not chassidish has carpool on Sunday and legal holidays.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:11 am
63 wrote:
Hi,

My family is considering moving to Monsey and I don’t drive. Do the Jewish schools have busses?

Also, do the kosher grocery stores deliver? What about pharmacies?

Thanks

If you live within the East Ramapo School District the school will provide bussing or you will get a public bus. Either way the school district pays for it. If you have private bussing you need to pay for transportation on legal holidays, Sundays and any day your kids have school and the public schools don't.
Or you will need to carpool.
Non chasiddish mesivtas don't have transportation for night Seder and need to be carpooled or driven.
Groceries deliver for a small fee.
The heimish Pharmacies deliver too.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:11 am
yes yes and yes

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:31 am
thunderstorm wrote:
If you live within the East Ramapo School District the school will provide bussing or you will get a public bus. Either way the school district pays for it. If you have private bussing you need to pay for transportation on legal holidays, Sundays and any day your kids have school and the public schools don't.
Or you will need to carpool.
Non chasiddish mesivtas don't have transportation for night Seder and need to be carpooled or driven.
Groceries deliver for a small fee.
The heimish Pharmacies deliver too.

Suffern Central also offers busing, and now non- heimeshe also offers delivery. Walgreens delivers. Depending where you live, there are some free bus options.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:39 am
Squishy wrote:
Suffern Central also offers busing, and now non- heimeshe also offers delivery. Walgreens delivers. Depending where you live, there are some free bus options.

Suffern Central offers only one pickup and dropoff time per school so depending on which school she sends to that may be a problem. I heard that for next year they will be providing all times.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:32 am
I see that your in the beginning of finding out stuff in monsey. Before moving make sure ur kids are accepted into schools.

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
Suffern Central offers only one pickup and dropoff time per school so depending on which school she sends to that may be a problem. I heard that for next year they will be providing all times.

The schools work this out. I don't know who pays for the staggered buses, but the schools have them. I see my neighbors' kids returning different times by school bus.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:55 am
Squishy wrote:
The schools work this out. I don't know who pays for the staggered buses, but the schools have them. I see my neighbors' kids returning different times by school bus.

That's why I said it depends on the school. Some schools pay for it themselves providing transportation when Suffern Central doesn't. Some schools that are located two in one building have combined their students on the busses and have two dismissal times that way. It depends on the school. It's not a given.

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:59 am
amother wrote:
That's why I said it depends on the school. Some schools pay for it themselves providing transportation when Suffern Central doesn't. Some schools that are located two in one building have combined their students on the busses and have two dismissal times that way. It depends on the school. It's not a given.

What are you arguing with? What did I say that contradicted what you said?

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 6:43 pm
amother wrote:
I see that your in the beginning of finding out stuff in monsey. Before moving make sure ur kids are accepted into schools.

Thank you so much for all the responses!

Are most schools full? Do you have to have good connections to get in?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 6:53 pm
63 wrote:
Thank you so much for all the responses!

Are most schools full? Do you have to have good connections to get in?

Yes and Oh Yes!

The only exception I can think of is if you belong to a certain Chassidus and they'll automatically accept you based on that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics