Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
For mother of boys! How often do you clean the bathroom?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:33 am
4 boys, 10 yr old 7 yr old and 4 yr old twins, the urine is on the floor all the time!!!!! When I ask who did it everyone says not me.... I'm at my wit's end At wits end
Any advice?? I already put a target decal in the toilet, it helped for the first few weeks, what else can I do?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:42 am
I have scrubbing bubbles bathroom sprays. I use it a few times a day.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:48 am
No decal. I make whoever did it, or whoever I find, cleaning it. It's annoying but they will never learn if you clean it. A 3 year old can clean.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:56 am
Ruchel wrote:
No decal. I make whoever did it, or whoever I find, cleaning it. It's annoying but they will never learn if you clean it. A 3 year old can clean.

Easier said than done..... They keep saying they didn't do because they know I will make them clean it......

atara4

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:04 am
LOL! I have the lysol wipes in my bathroom and I do quick wipes all the time!!!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:06 am
talk to your twins about making in the toilet. tell them. I tell my kids all the time, I just paid a cleaning lady a lot of money. make in the toilet! amd Clorox wipes.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:09 am
amother wrote:
4 boys, 10 yr old 7 yr old and 4 yr old twins, the urine is on the floor all the time!!!!! When I ask who did it everyone says not me.... I'm at my wit's end At wits end
Any advice?? I already put a target decal in the toilet, it helped for the first few weeks, what else can I do?

I have been in the same boat. Luckily they grew older and started to care a bit more. Don't get me wrong, it's still an issue but not as bad.
My sons are willing to scrub down their bathroom every Friday at least. The bathroom is theirs. Thankfully I have my own. In the days that I only had one toilet , we had cleaning help twice a week. So that kept things somewhat in check. DH and I were also constantly cleaning the bathroom in those days. Once the boys got their own bathroom it was easier for me to leave it up to them to clean it. They eventually were grossed out themselves.

exaustedmom

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:10 am
I keep Clorox wipes in the bathroom. I wipe down the toilet and the area around it as needed. Once a day or gasp, 5 times a day

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
Easier said than done..... They keep saying they didn't do because they know I will make them clean it......

Set up a rotation. They each have to wipe it with Lysol wipes at least once a day, regardless of who did it.

My sister has 6 boys and always said she wanted a bathroom with a drain in the floor LOL

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:50 am
My mom was always joking that she wants to install urinals for the boys.
Send them outside to pee in the yard Bounce Yes

DVOM

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 11:06 am
I've got 4 boys too, almost the same ages. I have spray and wipes in the bathroom and I'm constantly asking them to spiff it up. They're pretty good about doing it when I ask. I love the drain in the floor idea though!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 11:10 am
Have Rachmanus on their future wives and have them clean up after themselves!
If they say they didn't do it, just say it doesn't matter who did it... everyone gets a chance to clean it up. A 4 year old can use a clorox wipe.
If you have more than one bathroom, Thunderstorm has it right. Just don't step into that bathroom ever (Besides to clean/have cleaning help clean it once a week)! They'll get grossed out eventually and clean it themselves. (make sure there are wipes in the bathroom)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 11:39 am
20 yr old DD
18,16,12 DS
All live at home.
They share 2 bathrooms and DH and I have our own.
My kids refuse to clean the bathrooms. I have a cleaning lady once a week and I try to wipe things down once a day. We have Clorox spray and wipes and toilet cleaner and brush in each bathroom. But I’m the only one who uses them.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
Have Rachmanus on their future wives and have them clean up after themselves!
If they say they didn't do it, just say it doesn't matter who did it... everyone gets a chance to clean it up. A 4 year old can use a clorox wipe.
If you have more than one bathroom, Thunderstorm has it right. Just don't step into that bathroom ever (Besides to clean/have cleaning help clean it once a week)! They'll get grossed out eventually and clean it themselves. (make sure there are wipes in the bathroom)

The big ones I can get them to clean up but the twins, I'm afraid will be too excited to clean.....
They will rewet the Clorox wipes and claim it's still dirty...... They are identical twins and super creative, they HAVE to do everything together..... If I tell them to clean they will either finish a whole Clorox bottle in one session or turn the bathroom into a pool by "cleaning" with a shmatte and water.....
I do have 2 bathrooms but I'm pregnant as well ( yes! another boy is on the way to join the urine party TMI)
I have a pregnant nose and the urine smell makes me nauseous so leaving it up to them is not an option, the smell goes up to the kitchen....

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 11:54 am
How often?
Whenever it's wet or smelly.

How:
Wipes - do the job in about 10 -20 seconds.

Proper cleaning - whenever, sometimes...

I should really make them clean up after themselves, but I don't always catch them in the act.

Btw, I've noticed that their visiting friends are much worse than my boys.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 2:31 pm
guess I shouldn't complain after all, I have to be grateful that they are independent and toilet trained! my oldest who is 13 is severely autistic and still in diapers ( not living at home anymore bcz of aggression ) so I have to thank H' for the healthy children he blessed me with, I was just looking for some practical advice from smart mothers out there.
I like the idea of a rotation, I will do it with the big ones for now.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 2:33 pm
Oh good, it's not just me! We only have one bathroom. I am the only female. Three sons plus one husband = one very unpleasant bathroom.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 2:35 pm
It's my normal to have one too. 2 sons 1 husband no smell a lot of the time, plus girls too can smell it up when they're little. You do not have to tolerate it. Not even commenting the husband.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training