Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Naki radio questions

skee

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:05 am
Pardon my ignorance with all things technological....I have some questions about this:

1) Is it like tuning into radio stations where you can't (for example) pause things you are listening to or come back and hear the end of the story later if you can't right now? (I am used to hotlines like Wonder Words where my kids call in and then bookmark stories when they want to stop and come back to it later.)

2) Is it only a radio or can you save your own content on it too and play that content?

3) Are all the stations always available? Like (for example) will there always be a story running on a story channel?

4) Is there any service or anything else you have to pay for once you have bought the actual radio?

TIA for you help.

el2cg

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:16 am
1. Like a regular radio station. You cannot bookmark
2. Only radio or aux - you can plug in a mp3 player for your own content
3. Stations are always playing content...but I did find lets say the rabbi yitzi erps station will play other stories , not only his.
4. No additional fees. When I did have an issue, I got a call back right away with the solution.

skee

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:55 am
el2cg wrote:
1. Like a regular radio station. You cannot bookmark
2. Only radio or aux - you can plug in a mp3 player for your own content
3. Stations are always playing content...but I did find lets say the rabbi yitzi erps station will play other stories , not only his.
4. No additional fees. When I did have an issue, I got a call back right away with the solution.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Rappel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:04 am
I loved the idea of a radio which I would be happy for my kids to use... Until I saw the price.

For anyone who owns one: is it worth 500 shekels to you? Why?

Also: can I "opt out" of some of the radio stations?

el2cg

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 5:17 pm
Rappel wrote:
I loved the idea of a radio which I would be happy for my kids to use... Until I saw the price.

For anyone who owns one: is it worth 500 shekels to you? Why?

Also: can I "opt out" of some of the radio stations?

It is expensive. I bought it as a chanuka present for the kids. I find it well worth it. It provides hours on entertainment for my children. It's open all morning and evenings, during mealtimes...

I don't think you can opt out of any station

atara4

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:58 am
It isn't very cheap, but what I like about it was that instead of buying 8 CDs (8 x $15 = $120) I got something that my family and kids LOVE that doesn't scratch and is always playing something exciting and new! Also, I got it for $99 during their chanuka sale;).

This was a really a dream come true for the indoor wintery days. I don't like resorting to videos even the jewish ones and this was a true kosher entertainement without the screen time!

shanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 1:15 am
It sounds amazing and I want to get it. But I think it might be challenging- if I say come for supper and they’re in the middle of a story. Etc...
Does anyone have fights about that?

zebra111

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 1:53 am
Do u need wifi/internet for this (in israel if that makes a difference)? Love the idea of this but dont have internet at home

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 2:04 am
I just got one as a gift from NakiRadio in order to promote it on Instagram. Full disclosure!

My 6 year old LOVES it! It took her a few days to master how to choose stations.

I did not tell her about some 7pm story hour that the marketer told about, as I want to get her into bed around then!

Now that my teen boys are coming home from Yeshiva, they're getting into it too.

DH does not like yet another thing on the counter, in the interest of honesty here!

I do wish it had a pause button, as I'm used to on TotahAnytime, but it's structured like a radio. I know that I can't pause Sean Hanity; that's how radios work.

I do allow my 6 year old DD minimal screen time, and I see that it takes over her whole self. She also has had an MP3 player for several months with all of Rabbi Juravel's stories. (He is my uncle; I don't think he sells this.).

I strongly believe that audio entertainment is so much better for her than videos! When audios are playing, she will cut, color, jump, etc. when videos are playing, she is a zombie. She is my only child home most of the time, as my teen boys are in Yeshiva a lot, so I think it's something I would have bought her for a birthday/Chanukah gift, as it's so useful for so many hours!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics