Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Ocean theme MM ideas please help

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 6:47 pm
I decided on an ocean theme. One kid wants to be a shark another a penguin another an octopus and another Nemo. I know I can do a cute mishloach manos but can't figure out pull it together.

Can you creative ladies help me with ideas, please! I don't want to spend more than $5 each. I don't mind being crafty in putting it together.

Extra credit for ideas for kids, teachers and parents (like to bring something for the meal)

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
I decided on an ocean theme. One kid wants to be a shark another a penguin another an octopus and another Nemo. I know I can do a cute mishloach manos but can't figure out pull it together.

Can you creative ladies help me with ideas, please! I don't want to spend more than $5 each. I don't mind being crafty in putting it together.

Extra credit for ideas for kids, teachers and parents (like to bring something for the meal)

Well u can offer to bring fish for the parents meal. Can do a can of tuna, mayo packets and cracker packets in cellophane for neighbors (we do cute and simple/ cheap) or lox package with mini cream cheese and cracker packet but that costs more.

For teachers I sometimes do regular cutesy one with a check or I do a toy gift that matches the theme.

Kids can do the fishy snack bags (like golden fish type) fish jellies and a blue mando

monkeys

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:01 pm
I saw ocean themed bags and boxes on oriental tradings.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:06 pm
Thanks ladies. Didnt think of giving actual fish. That's a great idea. Anyone have a cute fish/ocean one liner?

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:18 pm
You are a great catch!

eschaya

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:39 pm
Mazal Adair dagim. Just saying.

nycgal

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:43 pm
You can buy small fishbowls at dollar tree and fill with goldfish crackers, sour worms, small pebbles that look like gravel.... When I did this theme I also added Gefilte fish cookies. They are cookies that look exactly like Gefilte fish, they even get a slice of “carrot” on top.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:54 pm
nycgal wrote:
You can buy small fishbowls at dollar tree and fill with goldfish crackers, sour worms, small pebbles that look like gravel.... When I did this theme I also added Gefilte fish cookies. They are cookies that look exactly like Gefilte fish, they even get a slice of “carrot” on top.

Adorable

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 8:57 pm
For parents:
Smoke fish/lox platter
Sushi platter
Gefilte fish platter
Cookie that look exactly like gefilte fish on a platter with greens
Mini tuna sandwich/tuna wrap platter
Tuna salad/lox salad layered formed from a bundt pan
Tuna scoop platter

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:04 pm
Like a fish tank/aquarium
Glass oblong deep dish
With blue jello, pebble/seashell Choco/candy on bottom & jelly fish floating on top.

Beach scene
tray with blue koolaid in center.
Graham cookie crumbs on outer circle
Starfish jellies. Pebbles candy. Cookies in shapes of all sea creatures they're dressed up as, on the blue coolaid.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:10 pm
For penguin:
I did for parents:
Made diff colored jello in sheet pans, then cut it into cubes, & layered with assorted colors unevenly, colors mixed, in a bowl it should look like ice. Put a voss water in center & attached pic of my child, looked like he was sitting on ice

For everyone I bought ice buckets, put in rock candy, with voss water & pic, looked like sitting on ice. Attached black & white mini sachet bags on handle & put in little things that were black or white.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:13 pm
For scuba divers I did little boats described on shark thread

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:14 pm
For parents I did then layered( even smooth layers) with diff colors jello, in trifle bowl with blue jello on top & jelly fish on top.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:17 pm
For octopus for friends: round sock hanger with many clips....attach diff snacks...write it's great hanging around with you

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:20 pm
You can put stuff in a fishing net....or buy a mesh soup strainer to look like a net....the one with a handle

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:21 pm
I think you can also buy these mini fishing games & place diff candy on the fish

byisrael

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:01 am
Get a plastic narrow rectangle tray
fill with blue colored sugar (water) sprinkled with some jelly candy fish/star/turtles (there are so many cool ones)
Make 3 cupcakes
1 with orange icing (nemo), 1 with gray Icing(shark) , one with white Icing (penguin) - stick a toothpick with a pic of each kid in costume in to correct colored cupcake

For Teachers buy a cutsy ocean/beachy/hawai themed item, package with pinapple, coconut, pina colada mix and check

For your Parents you could make a cut fruit/ veggie platter in the shape of a fish (tons of ideas on pinterest)
Challah Shapped as fish
Or you could make mini deli rolls in the shape off fish Smile
Mazal Adar Dagim and all that

For kids juice box with these wrapper
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/.....7314/
back and white cookie with penguin sticker/ label
shark jelly candy wrapped in cellophane with a shark sticker/label
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics