Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Yogurt Shaloch Manos

esther11

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 12:20 am
So we are thinking about giving yogurt shaloch manos. I’d use parfait cups like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Plastic.....lSrch

I’d put home made granola in the top section, and yogurt in the bottom. Issue is that it’s a lot of yogurt! It will be expensive! I would put fruit underneath but I need something that goes with yogurt, can be put together 1-2 days in advance, and will not be a bug checking concern (no berries or grapes). Any ideas?

tsc3

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 12:59 am
Canned fruit

monkeys

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 2:09 am
Can you do individual yogurts and stack a small container with fruit and then a small container with granola? That can look very pretty and is more convenient than yogurt that’s already been opened. A store may give you a discount if you’re buying so many.

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 5:13 am
monkeys wrote:
Can you do individual yogurts and stack a small container with fruit and then a small container with granola? That can look very pretty and is more convenient than yogurt that’s already been opened. A store may give you a discount if you’re buying so many.

I like this idea. And it's more likely people will actually eat it (since it hasn't been opened yet).

esther11

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 7:22 am
monkeys wrote:

Interesting...How do I keep it together then, cellophane?

champion

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 7:42 am
I am NOT a picky person at all. But a plastic cup of opened yogurt would not appeal to me. I feel bad that you would spend so much money. In my opinion find a nice way to package a closed yogurt.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:01 am
I had the same idea for my MM this year.

Thanks for the awareness about open containers.

Back to the drawing board for me.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:04 am
esther11 wrote:

Yes, or a small, clear box.

You could get one of these narrow cellophane bags for the granola...tie with a pretty ribbon or rafia...and attach to the yogurt. A cute touch would be a little spoon...

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:11 am
I probably wouldn't eat an unopened yogurt, either, tbh. I'm pretty picky about keeping perishables cold. I'd assume it had been out of the refrigerator for several hours by the time it was delivered.

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:35 am
I would also do a sealed cup of plain yogurt, granola, and another container of cut up fruit. (mango, pineapples, blueberries if those are not a bug issue.)

Get those disposable wooden spoons to go with it. Much nicer then plastic.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:38 am
esther11 wrote:

There are cellophane bags. If you purchase the right size for what you need, it will look neat and put together.

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:04 am
I saw by my amazing saving mini glass airtight jars 6 in a pack, I think it was 2.99 the pckg of 6. You can stack them. Those will rather keep yogurt & fruit fresh than parfait cups

monkeys

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:06 am
esther11 wrote:

You can do a little bit of glue and tie a ribbon present box style. Or use cellophane or a clear plastic box. You can also do it on a wooden tray or in an earthy colored box or a burlap bag

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:15 am
Last year I did a sealed yogurt with this in small burlap bag with wooden spoon.

Found the granola for much cheaper than here

https://breadberry.com/#!/hb/c/10387-0/c/10486-10387/r/26182/he/Brooklyn/kosher-groceries/kosher-cereal-breakfast//kleins-naturals-granola-dark-chocolate-small-1-oz

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:24 am
Also saw by amazing savings a narrow wooden crate box with 3 sections. With a sliding Lucite cover. I think each jar would fit perfectly into each section

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:33 am
Look at restaurant supply stores for large quantities of foods often at lower prices.
Look for cases of fruit cups and bags of granola. Also disposable small (and large) storage containers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics