Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Overview on stroller for first child
Previous  1  2

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:37 pm
amother wrote:
I really wanted the baby jogger city select but my mother in law had her heart set on buying me a buggabo.

As a walking stroller, the bugaboo bee is pretty decent. The only issue I have with it (and it's a really big one) is that the front wheels bend instead of going over a bump. So you always have to tip it back to get over the bump. Where as much cheaper strollers that don't have fancy springs, go over those bumps just fine.
It also doesn't fold well (the seat has to come out) to fit in a car. It's meant to stay open pretty much.

I got a bassinet but I did not really use it much. I also had a Graco carseat and a wheel base for it and it was much easier to take the base and just go with the carseat than to drag the carriage base plus bassinet attachment and then transfer the baby into the bassinet.

But if you plan to always be walking everywhere, you might get alot if use out of it.

I'm expecting baby 2 now and I'm going to need a double stroller. I do not know if you plan on having another one soon. I think it's kinda dumb not to buy something that can add a second seat when needed.
I'm trying to decide if I should get a side by side double or the city select.

I have a bee and I love it. It’s great for in and out of the car but if your going to walk a lot get the chameleon. I don’t know why this amother wrote the seat has to come out to fold but that’s really not true with the bee. I got it because it folds really quickly and easily and it’s so light.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:39 pm
I'm leaning towards a valcobaby. Probably snap 4 trend. Same price range as uppa or city, but very light weight and folds small.

hodeez

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:33 pm
Wow am I the only one in the world who uses Graco?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 8:03 pm
I don't because as a girl when I babysat, I had a couple of times where a Graco stroller broke while I was using it. I am sure they are better quality now, but it's hard to let go of pre-conceived notions. That being said, my current single is a $350 discontinued stroller I bought new for $81, and it was the successor to the first stroller I had for my first 7 kids which cost me $150 and still works fine (it's at my babysitter for my baby to sleep in -- the recline mechanism is no longer a one-handed job since that broke, and it doesn't turn as nicely as it used to but otherwise perfectly fine)...

I don't understand using a Doona in Israel...there is no basket!!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:08 pm
After Uppababy vista, is the citi select lux the best quality option?
The cruz doesn't look like it would push too well
Anyone have the joovy qool or anything else similar?

twogees

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:41 pm
We have an uppababy vista. was debating between that and the city select. so happy with what I got! huge basket, was able to do my grocery shopping as well using it.

nchr

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:13 pm
I really recommend testing them out at a store, with your DH too. That way you get a feel for the push and see how it works with your height. We also have the uppa baby vista and are happy.

flapsmom

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:09 am
Love love love my Nuna!! Convenient fold, easy push, huge basket.

lucky14

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 3:43 am
Just note that the city mini gt has a very small basket if that is something that's important to you. It pushes well but was kind of bulky and heavy (maybe they all are? I don't have anything to compare it to). Customer service is AMAZING though if something breaks on it- just keep your receipt and they are very helpful. If you aren't looking to spend a fortune I found it to be a decent stroller (minus the small basket part).

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:54 am
In Israel elevators can be very narrow. If your elevator is narrow, measure it and measure the width of the stroller before buying!

A narrow stroller is better in general in Israel, because sidewalks and store isles are also narrower than in the US.

mom22

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 12:16 pm
I bought the bugaboo chameleon 12 years ago for my first child. I have four children and have used it for all of them. I had the Graco snugride car seat with the car seat adaptor for the bugaboo frame as a snap n go.
Best purchase ever. I also bought a Maclaren that I keep in my car.
All amazing strollers. You get what you pay for.

silbergirl

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:33 am
We have a bugaboo Cameleon.

The pluses:
It is very lightweight, narrow and easy to manoeuver. Fits in the smallest doorways, aisles and elevators.
It is sturdy and easy to "drive". Even one handed and on difficult terrains.
It is very versatile and you can customise it to your hearts desire.
The design is great, very easy to take it apart, fold it and store the seat or baby bag away when not needed.
Very good brake.
Good quality, I bought a 7 year old Bugaboo 1 that has seen a few kids. It is still good as new.
You find replacement parts very easily.
Compatible with most carseats.

Downsides:
It is very expensive (but buy second hand!).
When it is folded up, the wheels are still kind of big, may be a problem if you have a small car trunk.
It is not compatible with a second seat for a second kid, you would need a Bugaboo Donkey for that (but it is considerably bulkier).

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 3:08 pm
I hated my brand strollers. I loved my sturdy, cheap, no brand ones I could easily fold.

blossoming

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 3:40 pm
The doona is only relevant if you have a car which you use alot. It's basically a car seat on wheels, perfect for newborn especially in the winter when taking baby out of carseat is a pain. The doona in this case is better than a snap and go or any other carseat that attaches to a stroller because it saves the extra hassle of opening the trunk.

If you get the doona, you will need another stroller. My sister used it for her kid until he was over a year, but it's not recommended.

If your life doesn't involve getting in and out of the car, I would get the cybex Mios. It's really nice looking, and the price is great since it includes a car seat + bassinet (!).https://cybex-online.com/he-il/platinum-strollers/mios
It really is beautiful. The bugabbo Bee would be a second choice but the Cybex is becoming more popular even more than the bee. Cybex costumer service is much better in Israel vs. Bugaboo. The price for the Cybex Mios is really 3,700 nis, the stores have to write more than that for some reason so it really is a good buy.
To me, the most important thing about a stroller is being able to lay down the seat with a handle behind the hood. So many strollers including baby jogger city mini have two strings in the back which need to be pulled in order to lay or raise the seat. Which basically means if your child fell asleep and you want him to lay, you have to stop, go the back of the stroller and bend down. All bulky strollers like uppa baby have the easy handle, though they are cumbersome and don't fit around store aisles especially Israel. The only strollers I know of that have the one hand recline and are compact and small, but sturdy and safe, are the cybex and bugaboo bee.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics