Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Phoenix, Arizona with kids

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 8:36 am
So my husband is traveling to Phoenix for business and I was thinking of joining with the kids. We haven’t traveled in forever!

We’ve never been there before so any help is welcome.

We need info regarding kosher food, hotels and kid friendly attractions.

Thanks lots!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:15 am
The weather is beautiful in Phoenix right now!

Try this link:
https://www.aztorah.com/project-3

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 11:30 am
Lots of great kosher restaurants. Musical instrument museum and botanical garden are fun. Sedona is a great day trip. How old are your kids?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 1:03 pm
Thanks for all the help!

My kids are 9,8 and infant.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 7:46 pm
Can anyone help me out here- we're flying to Phoenix for two days with 5 kids ages 4 months to 9. Is it worth the drive to see the Grand canyon or should we skip it?

Thanks!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
Can anyone help me out here- we're flying to Phoenix for two days with 5 kids ages 4 months to 9. Is it worth the drive to see the Grand canyon or should we skip it?

Thanks!

Not if you're only here for 2 days, IMO. It's close to a 4 hour drive away - not really a day trip.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:31 am
I don't know what your other itinerary options are. I personally found the Grand Canyon breathtaking and an extremely moving experience. What I would do is day 1 drive to Sedona (2 hours from PHX and halfway to GC) and spend the day there - it's also a magical place to explore. Early day 2 drive to GC, spend most of the day there, then return to PHX later in the day.

One point to remember is that yes, it's 4 hours of driving, but it's completely different than East coast driving, in that there's essentially no traffic delays and it's all highway driving. DH always says that he'd gladly drive the entire day in Utah than drive to the Catskills on a summer Friday, as it's so much easier and less stressful.

ssspectacular

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:34 am
I think Grand Canyon is too far to travel with kids. Drive to Sedona, though. It's stunning.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:48 am
ssspectacular wrote:
I think Grand Canyon is too far to travel with kids. Drive to Sedona, though. It's stunning.

Agree. If it’s just two days it’s not worth it.

There is a very nice pizza store called La Bella or something. A few meat places.

15 minutes outside Phoenix is a great place for kids and adults Goldfeild ghostown and many others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics