Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Sinus infection pain.what should I do?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:14 pm
I've had a cold f or approx. two weeks. On sunday, my head started to hurt when I leaned over... This morning, my teeth were killing, and I thought, sinus infection!!! (I've had the same exact symptoms before.)
Last time it happened, I went to the Dr and got antibiotics, and the pain was gone within a day!

Well, the pain is worsening, and it is radiating throughout one side of my face-gums, nose, eyes...
I took Tylenol, but it only helps for about two hours. I can't take Advil bc expecting bh.
I drank water and have humidifier on.

I'm going to keep trying, but it seems that I won't get a Dr appointment earlier than a week from now...

What should I do? Sad
I googled and got ideas, but I want tho know what you ladies have found effective.
Also, I saw online that officially Dr s only give antibiotics after ten days of pain. That didn't happen last time, but I live in a different city now, and I'm hoping no Dr will make me suffer for ten days!!! What was your experience?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:19 pm
If it's really an infection you need to treat it and nothing else will lessen the pain. Is there really no way you can get to an urgent care center now?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:25 pm
A sinus infection isn't always bacterial. Have you tried a neti pot? I've successfully treated a sinus infection by using it exactly as instructed.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:43 pm
Urgent care is a good idea. If I can't find a Dr who has a slot for me, I'll try that iy H.

Nasal spray with salt, etc like neti pot - did you take it when you had a cold poor after you had real pain?
Someone told me they do salt water drop as soon as they get a cold... I'm wondering if it helps with full blown sinus infection and throbbing pain
?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
Urgent care is a good idea. If I can't find a Dr who has a slot for me, I'll try that iy H.

Nasal spray with salt, etc like neti pot - did you take it when you had a cold poor after you had real pain?
Someone told me they do salt water drop as soon as they get a cold... I'm wondering if it helps with full blown sinus infection and throbbing pain
?

Saline drops are great when you have a cold to help prevent complications. Once you have a full blown sinus infection you need to use a neti pot. It's not quite the same thing.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:50 pm
I just had what I thought was a sinus infection, and I was told to use Flonase before going to sleep for a week. I actually started feeling better after one dose. Refuah shelaima!

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:51 pm
Wow! Thank you for all your responses!

ellacoe

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 11:17 pm
Flonase and Zyrtec-D sometimes helps with those symptoms

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 11:42 pm
I self treated with zyrtec and sinus Tylenol for over 2 weeks, and then went to an Urgent Care. They prescribed Augmentin and Flonase. After 2 days, I b"h feel much better.
After 2 weeks, it's time to see a doctor and for this an Urgent Care is certainly good enough. Feel better.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 11:42 pm
I started a thread on sinus infection last night. It depends on what is causing it. Flonase, sudafed and a Neti pot would be the first try. If it doesn’t go away then they may suspect that it’s bacterial. For me personally, nothing worked including Augmentin, a steroid pack and steroid nasal spray so I’m working with an ENT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics