Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Does the state mail w-2's for Short term disability payments

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:02 pm
haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. Am I supposed to expect anything?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:09 pm
Probably. I received a form from the insurance company that paid my NY State family leave that I collected for six weeks. I just received it on Friday.

devorah1231

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:19 pm
For PFL yes, for disablilty no.

Dollyz

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:24 pm
What state are you in?
NJ mailed a letter to employers with a code to log into their website. The employer then downloads a form of all their employees disabilty payments for the year and includes it in the W2. Companies like mine had to revise our W2s since NJ sent the letter after we already proccessed our W2s.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:42 pm
Dollyz wrote:
What state are you in?
NJ mailed a letter to employers with a code to log into their website. The employer then downloads a form of all their employees disabilty payments for the year and includes it in the W2. Companies like mine had to revise our W2s since NJ sent the letter after we already proccessed our W2s.

TY! this is very helpful!

I'm in NJ.

my employer never gave me a revised one yet. does that mean they did it properly the first time so I should be all good?

Dollyz

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:09 am
Check the year to date on your last paystub of 2018 and see if it matches the W2. If the W2 has a higher total - the disability payments are included; if not, you may want to ask your employer.

wow

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
TY! this is very helpful!

I'm in NJ.

my employer never gave me a revised one yet. does that mean they did it properly the first time so I should be all good?

Are you sure your original one doesn't include your disability pay? Because my employer got the info on time and therefore did not send out any revised w-2's since the sick pay was already included.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics