Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ADD and anxiety - reflexology and AMI

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:44 am
Did anyone read either the AMI or Binah, I can’t remeber which one, had an article about someone going for help I think to reflexologist, saw huge change. I’m asking bec I wonder if anyone got help for their child for ADD through anything other than medication ... I’m at a loss. My child clearly had ADD based on testing and school putting us against wall to put her on meds. But I just can’t bare putting her on ADD meds. It’s a teenager, I’m supposed to start the meds today, I just can’t. Please some advice. It’s not for hyperactivity it’s for focusing in class.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:27 am
I can tell you that I tried natural things (but not refloxology)
I saw a huge improvement with meds and coaching - that seemed to help the most

if the child is a teenager you don't really have time to try the other things (in my opinion)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:41 pm
Thanks for your response

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:07 pm
What's your resistance to medication? It's not a life sentence, it's a means to being able to work on areas the child is struggling with. Much worse IME for a child to reach adulthood feeling like a loser and a failure because he couldn't make the changes necessary without the assistance of medication on a chemical level.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:11 pm
My child’s is already on anxiety meds. I’m resistant to it for all the reviews I read where people write how they couldn’t get off of it, how it made them feel certain ways.... these things scare me. Just want my child to be a normal happy kid and not need drugs to keep her that way. Out of the classroom she’s an amazing kid , I guess that’s what upsets me. I’m just so mad at the school for putting me against the wall to medicate her.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:14 pm
I'm gonna be blunt here. Your resistance to medicating may be really harmful to your child- you owe it to her to at least be open to trying it. Ritalin is one of the most studied medications out there. Her self worth and self esteem may be very affected by the fact that she cant concentrate in school- don't be selfish, let her try it and see how she does.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:18 pm
amother wrote:
My child’s is already on anxiety meds. I’m resistant to it for all the reviews I read where people write how they couldn’t get off of it, how it made them feel certain ways.... these things scare me. Just want my child to be a normal happy kid and not need drugs to keep her that way. Out of the classroom she’s an amazing kid , I guess that’s what upsets me. I’m just so mad at the school for putting me against the wall to medicate her.

I understand that you're frustrated with the school, but don't take it out on your daughter by denying her help. If you're working with a great psychiatrist, you'll keep tweaking the medication until it feels just right for her. Many, many people do go off eventually. Many, many people don't. But that's their choice, so why is it a problem? It's a bracha that this tool is available to help people function well instead of going through life struggling. If she's normal and happy she'll stay normal and happy. If she isn't, then she really can't afford not to do this.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:29 pm
Yes, we saw major improvement with add symptoms by addressing diet, treating yeast overgrowth and chronic strep, treating underactive thyroid and supplementing to correct other nutritrient and mineral deficiencies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics