Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Clean movies to rent with Hebrew subtitles

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:33 am
My 17 year old Israeli charedi/chareidi light cousin is coming to America for a few weeks for a very complex surgery. She doesn't watch movies in general, but feels that if she watches some appropriate movies, it might help her relax, especially during the long hours in the hospital. While she knows some English, she doesn't think it will be enough to understand a movie's plot.

I would love recommendations of clean movies that exist with Hebrew subtitles to stream online/download. Is there such an option from amazon or the like? I was thinking along the lines of Mulan/Finding Nemo/Winnie the Pooh and any other family oriented movies. I did ask and she has read at least the first Harry Potter book. I will only recommend 1000% clean movies, but I don't know where to look to see what is available with hebrew subtitles.

Tizku l'mitzvos.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:25 pm
How old is she?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:27 pm
She is 17.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:47 pm
Why not just look for clean Hebrew movies instead? Prob easier to find, and more enjoyable to watch... I’m sure the israeli’s on this site can recommend.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
She is 17.
I missed the age because later in your post you mentioned movies that no 17 year old girl would want to watch Smile

What about hebrew movies or shows? Fill the void, shtisel, things like that. I know there are more. Ill be back with names of more movies/shows like that.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:23 pm
If there are really clean shows in Hebrew that can be vouched for as 100% clean, that would be great. The only Hebrew show I ever watched was srugim and I would not consider that clean enough (Amir and his ex sleeping together when divorced so she was a nidda, the yichud with Nati and Yifat...).

She is looking for light-hearted and relaxing. I thought Winnie the Pooh was a bit odd, but my relative specifically mentioned it. Mulan is hysterical and I'm a lot older than 17! She is being sponsored to go to Disney World before her surgery so I thought that it might be a nice tie in.

Is there a hebrew equivalent of something like Home Alone? Can one watch Harry Potter with hebrew subtitles? Also, they are coming to the US, so it would have to be something that could be downloaded in advance in Israel, or something that could be rented in the US.

All help would be appreciated.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:33 pm
OP, here are the movies/shows that I mentioned. They are about chassidish israeli families.
Shtisel is completely clean as is Fill the void. 100% clean.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3....._sr_1
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2....._sr_1
There is also Ushpizin: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0.....vi_tt
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics