Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Garbage drawer- foot petal?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:08 pm
I want my garbage in a drawer, but I can't see myself giving up my "hands free" foot petal.

I found 2 items in Amazon, but they don't have great reviews.

What do you have? Do you like it? Suggestions?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:16 pm
I have my garbage in a drawer but the can itself is removable so when I'm working in the kitchen, I take the can out and leave it on the floor accessible. When I'm done, back in the drawer it goes.

sarah58

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:18 pm
I have one with a foot pedal which is convenient but a draw is much nicer and you get used to it....

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:23 pm
Put the garbage pull out in a place where you work the most so you can just pull the handle open (with your pinky in hands are dirty) and swipe the garbage straight into the open can.

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:08 pm
I believe that Blum makes some kind of kitchen pullout which opens when you open the cabinet door.

For prepping I use Rachael Ray's "garbage bowl" which is a small bowl that she puts what needs to be thrown out and then you just have to dispose of the garbage from prep itself. Other than prepping, pulling out my garbage isn't an issue. Theoretically my garbage container is fairly lightweight so I could remove it if for some reason the garbage bowl didn't work. I do have a garbage disposal if that's relevant but you aren't supposed to put vegetable peelings down the garbage disposal and I also wouldn't put fatty items like chicken skin or fat that I trimmed down there either so I would put it in the "garbage bowl".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics