Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Garnerville/West Haverstraw NY? Anyone living there?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 2:36 pm
Nice reasonably priced houses there. Any frum people living there?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 2:40 pm
No real community yet but a few yeshivish families are moving in.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 7:47 pm
bump

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 8:11 pm
where are those cities and what established communities are they near

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
where are those cities and what established communities are they near

OP I don't think you'll get too many answers. No one knows about it. It's brand new. The real estate agents only started suggesting to people to buy there a few months ago. I don't think anyone's even living there yet though a few people are in contract.

It's east of Pomona and north of new city I think. Look it up on a map. The neighborhood is also called mount ivy or thiells.

knightshotter

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:45 pm
We purchased a home in this area in August in Thiells But across the street is Garnerville and down the block is the Haverstraw Townhall. The nearest areas that have an Orthodox Shul Would be in Pomona and New City. This area is not listed as being on the Rockland Eruv map yet. Mount Ivy is a mile away from my area.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:48 pm
knightshotter wrote:
We purchased a home in this area in August in Thiells But across the street is Garnerville and down the block is the Haverstraw Townhall. The nearest areas that have an Orthodox Shul Would be in Pomona and New City. This area is not listed as being on the Rockland Eruv map yet. Mount Ivy is a mile away from my area.

I don't know where u get ur info but there are shuls in haverstraw and the eruv as expanded and lots of the area is included. Check the map BEFORE u buy to see if the house u r looking at is included. There are many nice families there.

knightshotter

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:00 pm
I am referring to the Rockland eruv map and the Pomona map and they do not include this area. This is a nonclickable link on Eruv map that says Crescent on the Rockland eruv map. I am not sure if that is referring to Crescent Road and the condos there.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:26 pm
Bump.
Any new info about this area?

knightshotter

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:32 pm
The Garnerville eruv is under eruvmonsey website. There are two eruv websites eruvmonsey and the eruvrockland site. There is a shul in the Garnerville area on Ossman Ct. Garnerville and Thiells are part of the town of Haverstraw. The western most parts of the Garnerville eruv are in Pomona postal address.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 4:53 pm
Thanks!
I had no idea it stretches so far. So what's the population like in Garnerville? What type of shul on Ossman Ct? Which streets are good to look at?

Thank you again.

knightshotter

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 4:56 pm
Ask one of the jewish realtors to show you houses and communities. There is a kosher pizza and new kosher meat family on 202 exit Foreman plaza shopping center

EM

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:00 pm
knightshotter wrote:
Ask one of the jewish realtors to show you houses and communities. There is a kosher pizza and new kosher meat family on 202 exit Foreman plaza shopping center

What meat place? I had no idea!

knightshotter

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 3:36 am
The Griller at 120 west ramapo road in Foremost plaza in Garnerville. Open Sun-th from 3-11pm. Has different burgers, pulled beef tacos with brisket, buffalo and bbq poppers, matzoh ball soup, kids menu. Had a soft opening a month ago.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating