Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help me match cabinets/counters/floor/etc
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you everyone for your advice!

I'm concerned that the granite side that looks like it would work for me is too busy to match with the backsplash that I want. I found the backsplash that is glass mosaic tile in white clear silver and gray. Can I have a busy countertop and a busy backsplash? And make sense to me that one has to be busy while the other one is solid. But I wonder if it would work since the tile backsplash is still all very light colors. What do you think?

Using the same granite on the counter and as the backsplash gives the kitchen a really nice open look.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:13 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you everyone for your advice!

I'm concerned that the granite side that looks like it would work for me is too busy to match with the backsplash that I want. I found the backsplash that is glass mosaic tile in white clear silver and gray. Can I have a busy countertop and a busy backsplash? And make sense to me that one has to be busy while the other one is solid. But I wonder if it would work since the tile backsplash is still all very light colors. What do you think?

Go with what you like. I personally abhor busy patterns. My kitchen has solid white subway tile backsplash and a marble-y black and gray granite countertop.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics