Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Message for 1st grader's siddur

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 12:24 am
Hi,
Can anyone help with a couple of words or ideas related to Tefila? I'm not good with expressing myself but want it to be appropriate for this age yet meanigful.. I know I can just write anything and wont get a summons, but I only have one child born after many years of marriage, and my perfectionism mode kicks in Can't Believe It

Goldie613

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 2:00 am
Are you looking for a loving message, or more along the lines of something that ties in with the importance of davening?

What about something along the lines of saying that just like you can always come to me with your problems because I love you, you can always daven to Hashem because He loves you too?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 4:49 am
Do you need this? Will others do it?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 7:58 am
Ruchal, my DD's teacher sent home a nice paper for us to write a message for the girls & she stuck it on the siddur. I wrote something along the lines of:
To our dearest DD, Totty and Mommy are so proud of you that you can daven in a siddur already. May Hashem accept all your tefillos.
Something like this....

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 10:58 am
Ruchel wrote:
Do you need this? Will others do it?

Yes, this was the teacher's idea

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 11:05 am
Goldie613 wrote:
Are you looking for a loving message, or more along the lines of something that ties in with the importance of davening?

What about something along the lines of saying that just like you can always come to me with your problems because I love you, you can always daven to Hashem because He loves you too?

This is a really nice , This is not so much our language at home. We are a bit more reserved but maybe...

pizza4

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 12:32 pm
I also just did this for my daughter, I wrote:
Mazel tov on this happy and long awaited occasion, may Hashem help that you should always feel the connection and excitement to tefila as you do now!
From tatty and mommy

Short and sweet

Cheiny

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone help with a couple of words or ideas related to Tefila? I'm not good with expressing myself but want it to be appropriate for this age yet meanigful.. I know I can just write anything and wont get a summons, but I only have one child born after many years of marriage, and my perfectionism mode kicks in Can't Believe It

I think you should rely on your own feelings for this, and not just copy what someone else tells you to say to your only precious child! Speak from the heart and compose it yourself,,,,won’t that be worth a whole lot more than using someone else’s words (who doesn’t even know YOUR child)?

rzab

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 2:38 pm
Two lines I included was that you should always feel this excited to daven from your siddur.
And that hashem should always answer your tefilah l'tovah!

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 11:33 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I think you should rely on your own feelings for this, and not just copy what someone else tells you to say to your only precious child! Speak from the heart and compose it yourself,,,,won’t that be worth a whole lot more than using someone else’s words (who doesn’t even know YOUR child)?

I know me, and I know my child (also my only precious child)

I would be resentful of this assignment from the teacher. I have no desire to put a message from Mommy into her siddur. I'm not inserting myself there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics