Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What Is The Earliest You Have Flown With a Newborn?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:33 pm
I am planning to have a baby in America erev pesach but want to get back to my home in Eretz Yisroel ASAP in time for the zman. At the start of the zman if all goes well baby should be about 4 weeks. Most airlines allow newborns to fly after 2 days. My friend told me her neighbor flew to America with a 3 day old baby to make her sisters chasuna. What is the earliest anyone flew with a newborn and what was your experience like?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:44 pm
I flew with a month old baby. Was pretty easy she ate and slept most of the time

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:51 pm
I flew with a 3 week old. Easiest age to fly. I nursed, he slept, went very smoothly bH.

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:59 pm
Shouldn’t be an issue. The neighbor story is weird tho. I wouldn’t go to a local wedding three days pp.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:14 pm
Citizenship baby?

I was advised not to fly with a baby before they had 2 month old vaccinations.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:31 pm
You just need the passport first.

I flew EY to USE with fifteen day old baby, making it in for a major YT and family simcha.
Newborns are so easy to fly with. They nurse and sleep. Keep them under nursing cover

yksraya

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:40 pm
I flew to florida when dd was 5 wks old.

I flew to isreal when my youngest was 4 months old.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 6:41 pm
One suggestion- give a pacifier or bottle during take off and landing in case their ears pop (or whatever the correct term is for what happens during elevation changes).

ahuva06

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:08 pm
I flew with a 8 day old baby from Israel to America. I was weak but the newborn baby slept the whole flight through. My older baby was way more difficult on that flight...! At 4 weeks you should hopefully be a-OK!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:44 pm
I wouldn't fly with a baby under 6 weeks because planes use recycled air and for a baby under 6 weeks to catch something from another passenger could be dangerous. After 6 weeks their immune system is stronger and the risks are lower

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:27 pm
I flew with a 3 week old baby from EY to The US so that we could make his pidyon haben with our families. It’s the easiest age to fly. They nurse and sleep. My savior on flights is the milk snob nursing cover!

You should also request a bassinet seat.

Tehila1

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:56 pm
I flew with a four week old baby. Totally the easiest age by far to travel with!

Raisin

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 3:19 am
I flew with a 4 week old. You need to be on top of birth cert and passport asap. Nurse or bottlefeed while landing so baby's ears don't hurt.

The risk of catching anything on a plane is much much higher so its true it is not ideal. Even a cold can turn into RSV in a baby. But your baby could catch something from anyone...if the other option is staying alone for pesach I would probably fly.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 3:52 am
Once upon a time you heard of bris in Israel!! Nowadays there are limitations for both mom and baby

simba

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 4:45 am
3 weeks. Had no issues.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 8:21 am
Flying with tiny babies is easy, the main concern is whether or not you want to expose them to the many viruses and bacteria circulating on the plane and covering all the surfaces.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 8:27 am
I flew with a 5 week old and I regretted it. She got a bad cold and I couldn't enjoy myself at all because I was so worried and busy with her (in the shower, doctor etc..).

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 8:30 am
I flew with a 6 days old baby . 8 hours flight . I was wheeled in a wheelchair from the check in till the flight and then after landing till the car . Baby was perfect . Slept and nursed and slept again . It's more risky for the mother than for the baby cos of the stitches and bleeding
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics