Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Frenectomy - snipped babys lip and now refuses bottles

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 9:11 pm
Baby was advised to have a snip by his lip - and now refuses bottles. He sucks 2 onces only at the baby sitter just enough to not starve and then he stops. Normally he used to take about 4
onces. Shabbes they tried at home and he refused bottles. Nursing is Ok BH. The cut is healed well already. What could she do? A free WIC lactation consultant said to try diferent nipples from the store. I think she should take baby to work meanwhile so he does not lose weight. Baby is 3 months.Was gaining well before.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Feb 15 2019, 2:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 9:13 pm
Absolutely try different nipples.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:22 pm
I'm not an expert on this by any means, but my baby also had a tongue tie cut and he's done really well on lansinoh momma bottles--they're supposed to be more like nursing. They were recommended by a lactation consultant and BH the only ones we had to try.

pesek zman

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:34 pm
Who’s ‘they’ and ‘she’? I found this post very confusing

amother
White

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:44 pm
too tired wrote:
Baby was advised to have a snip by his lip - and now refuses bottles. He sucks 2 onces only at the baby sitter just enough to not starve and then he stops. Normally he used to take about 4
onces. Shabbes they tried at home and he refused bottles. Nursing is Ok BH. The cut is healed well already. What could she do? A free WIC lactation consultant said to try diferent nipples from the store. I think she should take baby to work meanwhile so he does not lose weight. Baby is 3 months.Was gaining well before.

Is "she" your daughter, and "they" your daughter and her husband?

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:58 pm
Delete

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
Is "she" your daughter, and "they" your daughter and her husband?

Exactly. Team work. She /they are still strugling. He is still not happy since his upper lip was snipped. He is nursing well but no longer good with bottles.

octopus

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 3:39 pm
There is a difference between a tongue and lip tie. I think a lip tie takes longer to heal

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:16 am
octopus wrote:
There is a difference between a tongue and lip tie. I think a lip tie takes longer to heal

poor baby he must be confused

anonymrs

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 2:39 pm
After evision, it's very important to work with lactation consultant (even if bottle feeding) or feeding therapist to teach baby how to use the tongue properly. Also, have you been doing stretches?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics