Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Tova Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 3:29 pm
Hi! I am starting to look in to elementary schools for my daughter and have been told that Bais Tova would be a good fit

Can anyone give any information about the school?

Particularly looking into info regarding crowd and academics

Also wondering what grade they start with and if it is hard to get in

Thanks!

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 4:12 pm
Bais tova is an amazing school. It attracts heimish and yeshivish mostly with money but they dont like to be known for that. Their extra curricular and plays are known for being gorgeous and really well done. Academics are up there with all the good schools in Lakewood. Its extremelllllllllllyyyyyyyy hard to get into.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 5:41 pm
Hii send my girls to Bais Tova. It's an excellent school, academics and extracurricular are top notch!! Hanhalah is fabulous. We are yeshivish with no money and we're there:) so I guess it's not just the rich who go there! There are some more Hungarian and balabatish ppl who send there and I'm very happy with the parent body mix. They start at nursery but it's usually for siblings only. Hatzlocha!!! I hear it's not easy to get in:( Hi

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 8:35 pm
It has an amazing reputation in all areas.
One of the hardest schools to get into.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 8:41 pm
Does that mean the unlike most schools starting at primary (pre1a), they have a kindergarten too?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
It has an amazing reputation in all areas.
One of the hardest schools to get into.

Does that mean it’s not worth applying at this point if no pull and not wealthy?

I really would want to send

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 8:55 pm
Yes there's 2 kindergarten classes too.
I'm surprised that u want to send there and didn't apply yet. Don't most schools have applications right after sukkos?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:08 pm
amother wrote:
Yes there's 2 kindergarten classes too.
I'm surprised that u want to send there and didn't apply yet. Don't most schools have applications right after sukkos?

My daughter is 2, so kindergarten would not be next year but the year after. You are saying I’m already late?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:
Does that mean it’s not worth applying at this point if no pull and not wealthy?

I really would want to send

There are so many different ways to respond to this comment
1. How old is your child? Are u applying for 19/20? Or are u being an early bird thinking about 20/21?
2. Maybe you will get in but 'al pi derecho hatevah' we would all be floored
3. You really want to send there ?!?! Yes it's an amazing school but it's one of many many amazing elementary schools in this town. Why this one?? Why put yourself in an impossible position? Half the school crisis is because people are inflexible. They only really want one school so they hang onto the idea well into August or even September or October if they have to. Chances are based on what you described you want get in so dont put all you eggs or energy into one basket.

I wish u a ton of mazal and hatzolah. I have a daughter going to elementary this coming spring and I just went thru this !!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:17 pm
My husband and I are both from out of town where there was the opposite end of the spectrum - practically no choices at all. I am starting early because the concept of even not getting in somewhere is pretty new.

I have no idea where to start. Don’t know many people here yet because we are new to lakewood and the only people we do know with daughters in elementary send there at it does sound like it would be a good fit

I’d be interested in hearing about other options - I definitely would NOT want to put eggs in one basket .

Thank you !!!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
My daughter is 2, so kindergarten would not be next year but the year after. You are saying I’m already late?

No I thought u meant for this coming year. Kindergarten you won't be able to get into. It's really only for siblings or staff kids.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:
My husband and I are both from out of town where there was the opposite end of the spectrum - practically no choices at all. I am starting early because the concept of even not getting in somewhere is pretty new.

I have no idea where to start. Don’t know many people here yet because we are new to lakewood and the only people we do know with daughters in elementary send there at it does sound like it would be a good fit

I’d be interested in hearing about other options - I definitely would NOT want to put eggs in one basket .

Thank you !!!

I'm so happy to hear you're starting early! So u dont need to be in for this coming school year? You can do a morah in a house for one more year?
Are u and your husband more litvish or more heimish/chassidish? I'm sure we can all reccomend schools for u to apply to ! What other priorities do u have when looking for a school?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:
No I thought u meant for this coming year. Kindergarten you won't be able to get into. It's really only for siblings or staff kids.

Ok thanks !

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:32 pm
I missed where u wrote your daughter is 2 ! Dont stress about it at all yet! Look around listen out etc... you're the most likely to get into a newer school with more space ... every year is a new story.. dont start worrying just yet . Most schools start at 5 years old . Some schools now start at 4 years old but a lot of new kids join for primary (pre 1-a)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
I'm so happy to hear you're starting early! So u dont need to be in for this coming school year? You can do a morah in a house for one more year?
Are u and your husband more litvish or more heimish/chassidish? I'm sure we can all reccomend schools for u to apply to ! What other priorities do u have when looking for a school?

Thanks for helping me clarify!

I am enrolled for what I guess would be nursery for the coming school year. I’m thinking about the year after that.

We are litvish. Looking for an academic school with a positive atmosphere

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:46 pm
Moreshes, nachlas, meoros...
Some food for thought.
Keep in mind a lot changes in 2 years. A new school can open that really speaks to you. Ya know?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:52 pm
amother wrote:
Moreshes, nachlas, meoros...
Some food for thought.
Keep in mind a lot changes in 2 years. A new school can open that really speaks to you. Ya know?

Thank you

And good point. *Sigh* it was way simpler growing up in Cleveland

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 12:19 am
Just putting out there that I know a few people who applied to BT this year and no one even got an interview. They have extremely limited spots these days and they go to the highest bidder.

Many of the newer schools are easier to get into and are very good. Look into Maoros, Nachlas, Bnos Esther Malka.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 1:02 am
amother wrote:
Just putting out there that I know a few people who applied to BT this year and no one even got an interview. They have extremely limited spots these days and they go to the highest bidder.

Many of the newer schools are easier to get into and are very good. Look into Maoros, Nachlas, Bnos Esther Malka.

Thank you for the input! I think I’m getting the picture now...

Anyone have any input on these schools ?
I tried searching old threads but didn’t get much info ...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:22 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for helping me clarify!

I am enrolled for what I guess would be nursery for the coming school year. I’m thinking about the year after that.

We are litvish. Looking for an academic school with a positive atmosphere

Bnos Esther Malka definitely fits that description. The principal Mrs. Shaindy Schorr is an awesome person, and is really out there for each student. The academics and standards are high. Worth looking into.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics