Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Robocalls in middle of night

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:39 am
I have had it!!! I was getting tons of robocalls, from a different number each time, where all I would hear when answering was long beeps. I signed up on the do not call list, and it slowed down from multiple a day to a few a week. But recently all the call I get are at insane hours! 6 am, 11 pm...
And now I get another one from a private number at 3:30 am?!?!
What do I do?! I need it to stop. It frightens me half to death and also it’s annoying.

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:44 am
Tobi all’s with announcement are usually prohibited from calling anytime other than hours between 8am to 9pm or in some states 10pm

Calling at other hours for business purposes is harassment

What I’m understanding from your post is that you’re not hearing “join us on this cruise” but rather beeps etc.

That’s a whole diff issue. You need to block those numbers individually and report as needed ugh

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:46 am
It’s never the same number twice though, so blocking wouldn’t help. Who can I report it to?
I honestly can’t fall asleep now, it’s giving me such anxiety

BadTichelDay

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:16 am
Sorry if I sound clueless, but can't you just switch your phone off overnight? It's what we do - cellphones and landline off. Same as on Shabbat.
If c"v a relative is in hospital or similar, we leave it on only for that occasion.

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:26 am
Late-night telemarketing is against the law. Report such calls to the FTC.

animeme

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 10:57 am
Take the landline off the hook and put your cell on Do Not Disturb. For me, that setting lets through pre-selected numbers, and any number that calls you twice in a row (so someone has an emergency and a hospital or friend of theirs calls you twice, it will go through.)

singleagain

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 11:22 am
I have an app called mr number. By reporting and blocking. It will automatically block if someone else reports also. I've found it helpful

Here's the link in the play store

https://play.google.com/store/.....ocker

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 1:33 pm
I sent DH an article yesterday on how to deal with this. Are you in the US?

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 1:34 pm
I don’t understand why people (who aren’t doctors) don’t just turn off their phone at night.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 1:45 pm
sequoia wrote:
I don’t understand why people (who aren’t doctors) don’t just turn off their phone at night.

I don't get it either. At least shut the ringer off.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 1:45 pm
sequoia wrote:

I have an elderly father. Dh has a chronically ill brother who lives alone. My oldest son lives away at school. And my teens often sleep at friends' houses, or (on weekends) are out past my bedtime. And I want all of those people to be able to reach me at night.

animeme

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 2:18 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I have an elderly father. Dh has a chronically ill brother who lives alone. My oldest son lives away at school. And my teens often sleep at friends' houses, or (on weekends) are out past my bedtime. And I want all of those people to be able to reach me at night.

This. And even without the preexisting conditions, we want to be reachable if needed.

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 2:51 pm
I forget to turn my ringer back on in the morning

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 2:53 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
I forget to turn my ringer back on in the morning

My ringer’s always off.

I guess phone calls are not a big part of my life. I text with my mom, FB message with my friends and other relatives, and really only get calls from my grandpa once in a while.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:07 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

My iPhone has a setting for the "Do Not Disturb" option that if someone calls twice within 3 minutes, it really rings the second time.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:06 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
My iPhone has a setting for the "Do Not Disturb" option that if someone calls twice within 3 minutes, it really rings the second time.

In case of emergency, I'm not going to count on someone calling me twice within a 3 minute period.

Obviously, others will have different opinions.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:20 pm
I agree with those who want to be able to be reached. We have a son away in school, elderly parents, children who sometimes go away, I would never leave my ringer off at night.

Op, would you call your police dept on the non-emergency line and ask them what they think? It sounds like it's really scaring you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics