Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
I Should know what to do, but I don’t....

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:15 pm
My 4 year old became out of hand lately with his constant throwing objects. He throws legos when he’s done, throws down my cell phone when I tell him to put it down, and spills and throws whatever he can whenever possible. I am a very easy going parent and so is dh, but throwing is one thing that I do not let under any circumstance. Threatening doesn’t help, yelling doesn’t help, how do I get him to stop? And lately this is spilling over with other things like purposely annoying his younger brother and saying “no” to me when I tell or ask him to do something.
Im reading now “how to talk so kids will listen...” for the 2nd time, and I have a degree in education, yet for some reason when it comes to ds4, I hit a dead end. Any ideas?

OOT

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:22 pm
Is it sensory? Maybe an OT would be helpful?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:25 pm
Don’t threaten and don’t yell. After he throws something tell him calmly to pick it up. If he ignores you pick it up with him. Be consistant. He will get tired of picking up stuff constantly.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:28 pm
thabks for the replies, I don’t think he’s sensory as it is a recent behavior. I forgot about picking up with him. Thanks. I will try that, and hope for the best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics