Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood help me please:)

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:30 am
Hi fellow lakewooders. I’m in the very beginning stage of brainstorming what kind of business/service/store to open in Lakewood. I would like to preferably do something creative and enjoyable, but most importantly it needs to be something that would make money (not just a hobby) and that is truly needed and currently missing here. Can you think of anything you wish was around town? TIA!

hayag1

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:32 am
I wish there was someone who made homemade style dinners or shabbos food but not at the price of hiring a personal chef. .. for during pregnancy, after birth, when everyone is sick of takeout

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:38 am
We need a nice tichel store.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:31 pm
I am in the sheitel business in lkwd. This town employs hundreds of sheitel machers and only a handful of good colorists and repair people. If u open up and are decent there is a very high chance success

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:17 am
a nice sit down chinese restaurant with waiters with good food and good prices. we don't have a good chinese restaurant in lakewood.

debsey

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:56 am
A top notch cleaning lady agency!

I also second the sheitel dye/repair business. The woman I use is so backed up all the time.

When I lived in BP, there was a service where a woman employed beauticians to come to the home. You could book waxings, mani-pedi, kid's haircuts, etc and she would send someone over. So convenient if you're a busy working mom.

I also used to use a seamstress who would come to the home. You would bring all your mending, and she did all the measuring etc in the house, and then deliver it a week later. I think she was employed by a frum lady, and it was that lady's business.

Basically, anything that makes a busy, working mom's life easier, would be a needed service.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 7:08 am
amother wrote:
a nice sit down chinese restaurant with waiters with good food and good prices. we don't have a good chinese restaurant in lakewood.

Authentic kosher Chinese is delicious. So is Snaps. They aren't nice, sit down, Waiter places, but the food is delicious.

mommy201

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 7:18 am
amother wrote:

Sushi express has really good chinese food, but no waiter service

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 7:35 am
Have any of you ever eaten at David chus in Baltimore? That is amazing kosher Chinese!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 8:25 am
That's what I'm talking about like david chus with waiters and menus with good food where we can go out to eat there's nothing like that in Lakewood. and good prices david chus has lunch for $10 includes rice and soup or egg roll or dinner for $20 with tip it's still affordable

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 12:04 pm
hayag1 wrote:
I wish there was someone who made homemade style dinners or shabbos food but not at the price of hiring a personal chef. .. for during pregnancy, after birth, when everyone is sick of takeout

There is! Check out homemadetakeoutforyou on Instagram.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 12:07 pm
Another uniform store!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 12:29 pm
Expanding on the shaitel business idea. All in one place

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
Authentic kosher Chinese is delicious. So is Snaps. They aren't nice, sit down, Waiter places, but the food is delicious.

Does authentic Chinese deliver?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:23 pm
Yes. Call them or order online. 732 886 8818
We are having that for dinner Tonight Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics