Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How much did you lose PP NOT NURSING

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 12:06 pm
I mentioned to a friend who is a dietitian that I left the hospital 6 days after having my baby 40 pounds lighter. Obviously part of it was baby weight and water weight, but I left the hospital less than I weighed before having the baby. She mentioned that there might be something else medical going on. Im a little nervous now. Anyone else have a similar experience?

srbmom

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 12:14 pm
Was this your first? With my first I left the hospital basically the same weight as before I got pregnant (about 28 lbs lighter). I was not nursing.
Did not have anything near that with my next two - basically lost the weight of the baby plus 2-3 lbs

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:48 pm
I had that with my first two kids. Within a week I had lost close to 30 pounds. I sweated a lot, had lots of unpleasant symptoms physically and emotionally that I think alot of menopausal women have etc. I did not nurse... I think it is a mix of hormone levels adjusting and losing water weight....

pesek zman

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:52 pm
I gained very little. Didn’t nurse. Lost only the baby’s weight when I left the hospital but lost the rest by 10 days post partum

21young

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:53 pm
I have this with every baby, and I don’t nurse. Bh nothing to worry about, I just bless my amazing metabolism or whatever it is in my body that drops everything as soon as the baby is out Smile

meme6

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:56 pm
Your friend is referring that it might be a thyroid issue called hyperthyroidism. If u continue losing quick go to the doc.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 3:07 pm
21young wrote:
I have this with every baby, and I don’t nurse. Bh nothing to worry about, I just bless my amazing metabolism or whatever it is in my body that drops everything as soon as the baby is out Smile

I think a lot matters how you ate during pregnancy.
I always overate so most of the weight I gained was from food, not baby.

If I gained 35 lbs and baby weighed 6 lbs, I only lost 10 lbs.
Maybe another 4-5 lbs over the next few weeks since I was busy with newborn and not eating as much.
And the rest of the weight is always a major struggle.... major
It blows my mind that you lost 40 lbs in the hospital!!

hodeez

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 3:09 pm
Doesn't it depends on your eating habits during pregnancy? If you pigged out there's more to lose and if not you just go back to normal?

tichellady

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 3:09 pm
Is it weird that I didn’t weigh myself in the hospital. I don’t think I weighed myself until my postpartum visit at the ob

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 3:25 pm
tichellady wrote:
Is it weird that I didn’t weigh myself in the hospital. I don’t think I weighed myself until my postpartum visit at the ob

I am very into my weight.
After I gave birth via c- section and was in the hospital for a few days, I asked the nurse if I could weigh myself.
She said they don’t have a scale... not recommended to weigh right away.. often people feel lighter but they didn’t loose the weight yet and then when they see the number on the scale they are disappointed. I begged her.. I said it’s not possible there’s no scale, it’s a hospital! She finally took me to another side of the floor where there was a lone scale at end of the hallway. She warned me that since I was hooked up to an IV for a few days, there’s certainly a build up of water etc...., I got on the scale only to see that I had lost all of 5 lbs.!!! I wanted to cry! I had gained 35 pounds during pregnancy!
It was a long, hard year loosing the rest of the weight.

caza

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:14 pm
I personally struggle for 2 years, but my sister goes down within 6 weeks and she goes MUCH slimmer than before, she takes in all her skirt because otherwise they fall
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise