Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What to expect in Monsey (from BP)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 12:16 pm
Linen, There's nothing wrong with you but with the chassidishe system in monsey. Just make sure that your children are accepted into a school and cheder before you move, and be willing to give up your driving. You should be good to go otherwise.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 12:21 pm
Amother linen, monsey has changed so much, its not what it used to be.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:06 am
What school is bdy? And what is the closest to it in bp? Are they ok with mother’s driving?

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:09 am
BDY allows driving. The modern (can't find a better word for it. ) chassidish send there. Many people are not happy there and are taking their girls out, so do your research, it's not made for everyone.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:14 pm
Is there a different option for frum chassidish not covered shaitel and the mother drives?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a different option for frum chassidish not covered shaitel and the mother drives?

Bais Rochel only other than that, not anymore. Sorry Sad

baked ziti

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:23 pm
I am always peeved when people say that BDY is a school where modern people send. It has changed so much over the past few years and is moving consistantly more to the right. So many mothers who send there go covered (with no intentions of removing it). It is a more mixed crowd, which is what many who send there want. I feel that its unfair to label the school "modern",never mind that it's lashon hora and can be damaging.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:25 pm
Amother jetblack, sorry not really. Do you want to move to Monsey and start driving or are you driving for a while already? Bais shifra Miriam accepts some mothers that where previously driving.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:26 pm
Baked Ziti, I know of very regular frum chassidishe people that go to BDY, their only 'chisaron' is that they drive, I guess that doesn't make them 'regular' though. What a world we live in!

baked ziti

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:53 pm
Too true. People also forget that space is tight in the schools and mosdos. Which is why many chasidish families are sending to a more neutral school, like BDY. Thats also how the parent body slowly started changing. It's hurtful to be called "modern" because I'm chasidish and don't send to xyz, due to lack of space. Or because I simply don't want to. Or because I live far out and drive.
People also need to realize that badmouthing any school or cheder is incredibly hurtful to the parents who send there. Every school and cheder fills a need and by throwing shade you are setting off a very negative chain reaction that comes back to hurt those who rely on those places because their kids are thriving there.Just because one has had a negative experience doesn't justify airing it on public forum. It's simply motzei shem rah.
Thanks for listening Smile

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 11:08 pm
I checked it out. Their application is a laundry list of very chasidish rules (No secular books in the house, parents only use flip phones, no internet accesibility in the home, sheitels not past the shoulder, hosiery 40 denier or more). Not very Bais Yaakov-y

You'll find those same rules listed on any yeshivish (aka BY) school rule booklet.

Please forgive me for pulling up an old thread... but no, those are not the standard rules listed at any Bais Yaakov type school.

At my children's school, internet access is allowed with filters.... properly filtered internet is a non-issue. For parents, smartphones are just fine, and 40 denier pantyhose are most definitely not required, denier # isn't something brought up altogether. Wig length is not specified. Secular books are, if anything, very much encouraged.

OK. That's all I had to say. Just wanted to clarify this. Cool
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating