Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Citi Select Lux vs Uppababy
Previous  1  2

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:55 pm
Sebastian wrote:
the wheels are the size of the vista's front wheels. They aren't umbrella stroller like at all. But you really need to test it out to see!

I really should just test it out...
Another question about both uppababys; I'm expecting my baby to be very tall (dh and I both are), but the seat looks very small. Would it accommodate a tall child for long enough?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:55 pm
my kid is a giant (high 90s or off the charts in height) and is very comfy in the vista seat.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:30 pm
I recently got a cruz and I love it! It's pretty lightweight (which is a big plus for me), it maneuvers nicely, and everything about it is so user friendly. I'm a big fan.

I had a city mini for years and just replaced it with the cruz. There are a lot of things I like better about the cruz than the city mini, but I do think the city mini pushes a bit better on a bumpy sidewalk than the cruz. The cruz is still decent, though.

If you don't care about having your stroller convert to a double, I'd definitely check out the cruz. It's not flimsy by any means. Also, a snap n go type frame is helpful for taking a small baby in and out of the car. I keep mine in the car, and the uppababy stays in my house for walks.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:35 pm
Definetly go to a baby store and test drive them.
When I had my second I wanted a very specific carriage. The store let me push it and load it into my car an I immediately hated it.

Back then I got the Phil and ted double.
Again now I needed a new double I really wanted the vista and spoke to so many people who owned it and no one really seemed excited about it.
I ended up getting another Phil & ted... for about $700 less than the vista - the seats don’t reverse, it doesn’t fold with the second seat and there is no real bassinet. But it’s a carriage that really works for me.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
I really should just test it out...
Another question about both uppababys; I'm expecting my baby to be very tall (dh and I both are), but the seat looks very small. Would it accommodate a tall child for long enough?

My average size four year old is very comfortable in the Cruz.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 5:10 pm
Op here again,
So I decided to get a chicco snap n go that I will keep in the car as a lightweight option, and trying to decide between city select and ub.
I don't have any stores nearby that I would be able to try the strollers at, but I did order a city select lux to test out.
What I found was that the folding mechanism kept getting stuck! I looked at reviews online and a lot of people mentioned that. Now I'm wondering if I should order a new one to see if this will still be the case, or to just go with uppababy. Then the question is cruz or vista. The only thing keeping me from the cruz is that the ride might not be as smooth. I don't really care about bassinet, and would rather pay less..
Any thoughts from city select lux owners about the folding issue? For cruz owners, is the stroller only smooth on pavement, or is it ok on gravel/uneven terrain
thanks!!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 5:24 pm
I’m really happy with my vista. I did what you said and had a snap and go for the car.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:17 pm
I'm very happy with my Cruz on uneven surfaces. The sidewalks near me have lots of breaks from tree roots and ground shifting, and we've also taken it on non-paved areas. Full disclosure, it's the only stroller I've ever owned (and my baby is still young so not that long), so there might be something even better out there but this is certainly very good. I've also been quite happy with the other features.

veiznisht

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:33 pm
I love my Vista, it's big, it's bulky, but when I was pushing it through the snow today, I knew baby was safe and secure. The shock-absorbers are unbeatable.

I don't get in car much, I've put it in taxis though, but if I was regularly I might get the uppababy minu which is similar to cruz lighter and smaller fold.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
I’m really happy with my vista. I did what you said and had a snap and go for the car.

Thank you for your input. Have you used it as a double? If so, is it hard to push/maneuver, and annoying because the smaller child has to be further away from you?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 8:06 pm
challahchallah wrote:
I'm very happy with my Cruz on uneven surfaces. The sidewalks near me have lots of breaks from tree roots and ground shifting, and we've also taken it on non-paved areas. Full disclosure, it's the only stroller I've ever owned (and my baby is still young so not that long), so there might be something even better out there but this is certainly very good. I've also been quite happy with the other features.

Thank you for this! I would use my stroller on dirt path type things so I guess that answers that question.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 8:07 pm
veiznisht wrote:
I love my Vista, it's big, it's bulky, but when I was pushing it through the snow today, I knew baby was safe and secure. The shock-absorbers are unbeatable.

I don't get in car much, I've put it in taxis though, but if I was regularly I might get the uppababy minu which is similar to cruz lighter and smaller fold.

thanks for your response! Same question as to amother above, have you used it as a double-is it hard to push, and /or annoying about seating arrangements?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for your input. Have you used it as a double? If so, is it hard to push/maneuver, and annoying because the smaller child has to be further away from you?

Yes. I put 3 kids on it actually and it works for us.

veiznisht

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:26 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for your response! Same question as to amother above, have you used it as a double-is it hard to push, and /or annoying about seating arrangements?

I've never used the double, can't imagine it's difficult to push(as a single it's a breeze, the thing is built like a truck) but seating arrangements might be odd for double.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:58 pm
Sebastian wrote:
looks like it folds in one piece if the seat faces out just like the vista. https://uppababy.com/cruz/overview/

I wanted to thank you for posting it. After I read your reply I folded it in one piece and it worked! I thought you have to take it apart before folding.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 6:01 pm
I love the Cruz and found the basket the be plenty roomy. We bought a double stroller when we needed a double...

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. I put 3 kids on it actually and it works for us.

It's fine for going up and down curbs, some stairs?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:34 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I love the Cruz and found the basket the be plenty roomy. We bought a double stroller when we needed a double...

Thanks! Not concerned about basket, more about it being easy to push on all terrain.
I happen to think I would probably prefer a side by side double eventually anyways

misteray

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:39 pm
I'm just curious why these are your only two options when you ultimately want a single stroller for walking/AT? There are many other options...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics