Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Mishpacha / Ami / Bina /Hamodia
Previous  1  2

What paper do you read?
Mishpacha  
 49%  [ 48 ]
Ami  
 36%  [ 35 ]
Bina  
 14%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 97

Simple1

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 12:03 pm
I don't subscribe. I buy any of the above if the cover catches my attention. That also includes the Yated. The newspapers give a lot of decent reading material and are cheaper than magazines. We're (relatively) Yeshivish.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 12:33 pm
I enjoy the Ami living. Chasidish

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 4:00 pm
I read Mishpacha. If I could spend the money, I would also read Hamodia and Bina in that order.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 4:29 pm
I tried reading the mishpacha for a while but the pages and pages of ads make it unreadable imo.
Also the political outlook is much too right-wing for my taste.

I usually read hamodia.

Modern chassidish

balibusta

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 4:34 pm
Definitly Yated! Quality paper that I feel comfortable letting in my home and not giving my kids ideas abt out landish dishes and foods and crazy people and phobea’s to read abt... just to sell papers..we’re yeshivish/ heimesh open-minded

balibusta

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 4:37 pm
And I advertised my business in Yated and mishpacha and was happy

cnc

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 4:50 pm
Mishpacha
If I have extra time I'll read the others.
I ordered the Binah when they had the 99$ special.
And occasionally someone passes me their Ami.

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 5:58 pm
We enjoy the mishpacha each week. I like binah but for 6.99 it seems like there is so little to read that its not worthwhile but I will get it for yomtov. I dont get the Ami. Its not my taste in terms of topics and writing style.

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 6:04 pm
I'm rwmo. I have a Mishpacha subscription (and usually rant about something or other in it every week but I still like it) and my husband reads hamodia.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 8:35 pm
We used to get the Ami but didn't have time to read it so occasionally I'll pick it up at the local grocery....just curious why pple won't bring the Ami into their house?! I prefer it over the Mishpacha

Middle of the road...just plain frum

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 8:49 pm
Can you add Yated to the options?

mommyhood

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:19 pm
cinnamon wrote:
Why don't you read Ami?

Too many things I don't agree with, supporting Weberman and Lev Tahor to name a few. They also ran an article maligning a family friend with his name. I have enough to read, I don't need to support them.

aricelli

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:32 pm
Uh oh was gonna say all but supporting weberman?! Thats high on my list of evil incarnate. Ok, take Ami off the list. I know I’m derailing but seriously? Why? Sorry- you just got my blood pressure up.

Levtov

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 10:03 pm
I subscribe to Mishpacha since its inception. (I miss Riva Pomeranz). Don't like Ami subjects, layout nor writing style, although occasionally get it from neighbor

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 1:05 am
Subscribe to Binah, buy the yated each week.

I think the Binah has the best writers hands down. Love their layout and design too. Clean, nice looking and easy to read. Plus, some of my best all-time recipes are from Binah's Relish.

We get the Yated for the news coverage and love most of the paper too. Lots to read in the magazine also and I don't feel like I'm paying for a book of ads like some of the mags (especially the yt editions).

Re advertising, you need to clarify your target audience before you can determine the best mag/paper for your ad...

Deenah

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 11:16 am
I get the Binah and Ami every week. For yt I usually also buy the Mishpacha.

Benevolence

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 11:32 am
BT hareidi

subscribed to Mishpacha

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 12:34 pm
I'm not sure where it would be best to advertise if you were only going to choose one. Maybe the Ami? I just feel like more people buy it than the other 3. I read any that I can get my hands on, as I don't subscribe. The Hamodia is my least favorite to look through though, as it has lots of news and I am totally not a news person.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room