Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for a 3 year old girl

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:00 am
I'm looking to give a gift to a 3 year old girl. I would spend up to $100 if it's good. Any ideas? Anyone with girls that age that can chime in would be appreciated!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:10 am
When my girls were 3 and 4 they each received one of these dolls as a gift:

https://www.amazon.com/Corolle.....+doll

It's now a few years later and they still love their dolls. It's a great gift for a 3 year old girl.

Something like this would be a great addition, too:

https://www.amazon.com/KidKraf.....radle

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:11 am
That is a LOT of money for a little girl. She'll be just as happy with a $5 toy as she would with a $100 dollar toy. Does she like Hello Kitty? That's always a winner. DD's first word was "Kitty!" She didn't say Mama until 10 months later. Confused

In addition to a toy, I would maybe give the parents a $50 gift card towards future purchases for her, or help start a college fund.

If you want to buy quality toys that will last, check out Melissa & Doug, and Playmobile. You can't go wrong with those brands.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:13 am
Dolls and doll accessories are always a hit at that age. As well as doll house, kitchen center with food and dishes, a good bicycle.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
When my girls were 3 and 4 they each received one of these dolls as a gift:

https://www.amazon.com/Corolle.....+doll

It's now a few years later and they still love their dolls. It's a great gift for a 3 year old girl.

Something like this would be a great addition, too:

https://www.amazon.com/KidKraf.....radle

Thanks. She has dolls like that. I was thinking of smaller ones (kinda like barbie dolls) that she would interact more with rather than just carry around.

FranticFrummie - I know it's a lot but I'm willing to spend it. She's not into Hello Kitty - I've tried

amother - Can you recommend specific ones? She has a dollhouse and kitchen set already. Plus a tricycle - don't think she's ready for a bike yet

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:20 am
Does she have lots of magnatiles? That's by far the most played with toy in every 3-5 year old classroom. Also different kinds of mentchies.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. She has dolls like that. I was thinking of smaller ones (kinda like barbie dolls) that she would interact more with rather than just carry around.

FranticFrummie - I know it's a lot but I'm willing to spend it. She's not into Hello Kitty - I've tried

amother - Can you recommend specific ones? She has a dollhouse and kitchen set already. Plus a tricycle - don't think she's ready for a bike yet

My girls have a big fancy doll house, but it has gotten nowhere near as much use as their baby dolls. Does she have furniture and accessories for her baby dolls? A high chair? A diaper bag? I just know that my girls would play with their baby dolls for a long time at that age.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:22 am
Books!

A nice set of Dr. Seuss books are timeless, and can be passed down forever. They can be read over and over again. I still have a couple from when I was a child, I read them to DD, and now I use them to teach English to other kids.

Artscroll has some really lovely children's books, and I think Feldheim does too.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:25 am
Keep it for something she will appreciate - later

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:29 am
A scooter, doll and doll carriage, art supplies and play dough, blocks/magnatiles. Princess dresses for dress up. Balls and sports stuff. Trampoline and slide. Tricycle. Hatchimals and lol dolls are popular. Books.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
Does she have lots of magnatiles? That's by far the most played with toy in every 3-5 year old classroom. Also different kinds of mentchies.

too many magnatiles Smile she has mentchies but maybe I should get more

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
My girls have a big fancy doll house, but it has gotten nowhere near as much use as their baby dolls. Does she have furniture and accessories for her baby dolls? A high chair? A diaper bag? I just know that my girls would play with their baby dolls for a long time at that age.

This one is the opposite! Her baby dolls barely get any use while the smaller ones get more. I should probably look around for that type plus accessories

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:33 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Books!

A nice set of Dr. Seuss books are timeless, and can be passed down forever. They can be read over and over again. I still have a couple from when I was a child, I read them to DD, and now I use them to teach English to other kids.

Artscroll has some really lovely children's books, and I think Feldheim does too.

Books are a great idea and she has. But I'm looking for something she can play with herself rather than have someone read to her

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:33 am
Ruchel wrote:
Keep it for something she will appreciate - later

I'm looking for now Smile

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:34 am
dancingqueen wrote:
A scooter, doll and doll carriage, art supplies and play dough, blocks/magnatiles. Princess dresses for dress up. Balls and sports stuff. Trampoline and slide. Tricycle. Hatchimals and lol dolls are popular. Books.

Thanks! She has a few of the above but I'll look into the others!

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:37 am
Hard to think in these terms in the winter, but a bicycle with training wheels or a three wheel scooter?

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:38 am
OP, my kids love their doll high chair, pack & play, infant cat seat, & bathtub. They have soaps and towels, they love playing with it. I'm assuming she has a doll stroller?
A 3 year old is the perfect age for the smallest bicycle with training wheels. My kids all rode pretty well at that age.
My kids also love their small trampoline in the house, it was one if our best toy investments.

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 6:31 am
A kitchen set with good quality play food
Magnatiles
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics