Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Maybe my son has ASD? Now what ?
Previous  1  2

aricelli

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:46 pm
Hey oneofakind- I aint a doctor and am not dispensing advice here!! Just saying whats working for one lone Mom - me! A combo of OT and floortime with a lcsw who receives constant supervision from a psychologist. (All this with my primary care physicians advising- he knows my child well and we respect him greatly)

Edited to add that we’re doing all our work with lots of guidance

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:52 pm
Find a functional medical doctor who will treat the biomedical causes of autism.

aricelli

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:54 pm
What would those be? Wasnt aware that autism could be treated? With meds? Not understanding

aricelli

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:58 pm
Amother goldenrod: read up on what you’re referring to- thanks

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 9:00 pm
aricelli wrote:
What would those be? Wasnt aware that autism could be treated? With meds? Not understanding
Yes, there are medical doctors who will treat the medical aspects of autism with medication and other treatments.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 9:05 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
In order to get him therapy you should get him an official diagnosis. You can get him evaluated at Children's Specialized Hospital or a private developmental pediatrician or pediatric psychologist. I have a few names in your area if you are interested. You can PM me.

Can you please post this info over here.

I appreciate all the responses but really need help finding the NEXT step. Who do I call?????

Please advise me. I can drive him to lakewood if needed.

I really cannot afford private insurance as much as my son might need it. I need to find some way to treet this with Amerigroup JerseyCare or via a different route.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)