Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do appetitive suppressant work? Please share your experience
1  2  Next

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 9:52 am
Please share what worked or if you have any ideas?
My appetite is insanely huge.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 10:01 am
Following. Nursing makes me have a huge appetite and I'm almost ready to ditch it if I can't find anything to curb it. It's too depressing for me to keep gaining and gaining.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:34 pm
I took phentermine, and it worked great. Helped reduce my appetite so I could modify my eating habits. Lost 20lbs and feel very energetic.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
I took phentermine, and it worked great. Helped reduce my appetite so I could modify my eating habits. Lost 20lbs and feel very energetic.

Was that all you had to loose?
On what basis did you get the doctor to give you a prescription?
How long did you take the medication for?
How long have you kept off the weight?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 2:13 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....b81aa

Read these threads, talk to your doctor and nutritionist, and decide for yourself.

I lost almost 60 pounds 9 years ago, and I've been able to keep it off. I'm also on a medication that is notorious for weight gain, I'm over 50, sedentary, and post-menopausal. If anyone should be gaining weight like crazy, it's me.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 2:38 pm
Are you dealing with food addiction or emotional eating? If so, appetite suppressants alone probably will not help.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
Please share what worked or if you have any ideas?
My appetite is insanely huge.

Ketosis works. No sugar, no sweetener, no starch, just protein, fat and low carb veg. I weighed 315. I was out of control for years. Even meds didn’t work. But my own body chemistry did.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:

It's not such a safe medication. Can cause racing heart and high blood pressure.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:23 pm
Following.
I’m at my wits end already with my weight.
Have 100 lbs to lose.
Been trying everything for so long...
I lose, I gain...
This is an interesting concept of it works without major side effects.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:28 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/search.php?mode=results&sid=473d9fb919ccc2f5cbe63a805f6b81aa

Read these threads, talk to your doctor and nutritionist, and decide for yourself.

I lost almost 60 pounds 9 years ago, and I've been able to keep it off. I'm also on a medication that is notorious for weight gain, I'm over 50, sedentary, and post-menopausal. If anyone should be gaining weight like crazy, it's me.

Ff the link takes me to general search. Would love to know what you were intending to share.

EMEN

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:29 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/search.php?mode=results&sid=473d9fb919ccc2f5cbe63a805f6b81aa

Nothing showed up with the link that you posted. Can you post it again or let us know what to search for?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 4:51 pm
amother wrote:
Was that all you had to loose?
On what basis did you get the doctor to give you a prescription?
How long did you take the medication for?
How long have you kept off the weight?

My Dr actually gives it pretty easily. (not saying that's good.) after losing 20lbs,I'm 145,5'3". Close to my ideal weight.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 6:18 pm
I take vyvanse as an appetite suppressant, and yes, it works bH.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:
I take vyvanse as an appetite suppressant, and yes, it works bH.

Hi,

Is it covered by insurance?
Seems like it's pretty expensive.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
My Dr actually gives it pretty easily. (not saying that's good.) after losing 20lbs,I'm 145,5'3". Close to my ideal weight.

I really thought that it was prescribed for people who are severely overweight.
I need to loose 10 lbs so I’m not overweight. 20 lbs to look good. I just can’t do it. Trying for years...
I’m only 5 feet and 136 lbs.

Did you have any side affects from the medication?

aliavi

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 9:11 pm
I’ve used apple cider vinegar with success for PP

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 9:12 pm
aliavi wrote:
I’ve used apple cider vinegar with success for PP

How do you use it? Amounts?

JustHavingFun

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:25 pm

I recommend you visit a nutritionist before resorting to appetite suppressants. Make sure you are on a sane, healthy food plan that will give you all the nutrition you need. You may be under-nourished (yes, that is a thing) and appetite is a sign of something missing from your daily intake.

Are you drinking enough water? Often, if feeling "hungry", a cool glass of water will satiate the desire to eat for a while.

Is there a pattern to your excess appetite? Do you feel hungry when bored, tired, or watching TV? Being aware of patterns can help break the cycle.

Exercise will change your metabolism in a positive way. A daily walk, stretches - you don't have to sweat in a gym.

Be very careful using appetite suppressants whether prescribed by a doctor, a naturopath, or obtained some other way. Not only can they change your metabolism and send you into a spiral of yo-yo weight loss and gain, but they are psychologically addictive: you think you need some substance to help you lose weight.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:
Following.
I’m at my wits end already with my weight.
Have 100 lbs to lose.
Been trying everything for so long...
I lose, I gain...
This is an interesting concept of it works without major side effects.

You sound like a good candidate for Optavia.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:47 pm
Go to the top of the forum and search "HCG diet". Also Google "Pounds and Inches Protocol."

There are lots of stories from people who have tried it. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Lots of pros and cons. Doctors either love it or hate it, naturapaths swear by it.

My sister lost 80 pounds on the diet, but gained it all back because she never addressed her emotional eating. Food is a powerful "drug" in our brains, and there is no one easy way to change overnight.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise