Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you had a hundred kids...
Previous  1  2

aricelli

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:30 am
Plays.... I’d have to delegate that! No way I will be sitting through 100 brachos plays in one day!

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:34 am
I refuse to take this thread in anything other than a light-hearted way. We will assume that all 100 have no diagnoses, and respond well to reasonably good parenting/teaching. And that DH is ecstatic about having a large family. And that we are millionaires.

There's nothing I would never ever delegate. But there are some things I wouldn't want to give up altogether.

My top 10:

1. Nursing. I'm also assuming I'm not an octomom or anything. It's such a wonderful bonding experience.

2. At least some of the yucky stuff. Yes, really. Knowing your mother is there for diaper changes, holding you and changing suffering after you vomit, etc is actually an important part of the experience.

That being said, let's hope all 100 aren't sick at once. And I delegate when I'm sick too.

3. A few minutes of one on one time. Ok, each kid only gets it 3 times a year, but we'll make it very caring.

4. Watching their special moments to shine, on a stage, at a Bar Mitzvah, etc.

5. Being available when they are feeling unhappy. Or happy. Which they have kindly agreed will only happen to one child at a time.

6. Reading together. And talking about what we read.

7. Doing something nice for someone else together.

8. Davening together.

9. Hugs and kisses. As if those could be delegated! Anyone who has ever done the long distance thing knows what an unsatisfactory substitute it is.

10. Reading their letters, texts, papers. It's such fun to find out how they think!

I'm sure I left a lot out. But that's for others to fill in.

ETA:. I just realized that, except for nursing the infants, I think I just described what it's like to be a bubby. May you all find it so!

Last edited by imasinger on Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

aricelli

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:37 am
Nits! No no no! You can do all 100 for me.
Your welcome

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:40 am
Anyone remember "Octomom"? She got so much hate because she needed so many nannies to look after all 8 babies at once.

I'd be happy to delegate diaper changing, but one thing I think I could never give up would be nursing. Now, how I would nurse 100 babies, I have no idea. I'm not Sarah Imeinu.

Do I get the option of delegating most of the duties when they all turn into teenagers? Very Happy

ETA: Imasinger, I see we cross posted! As usual, I find myself in complete agreement with you, and you always say it better than I would.

aricelli

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:43 am
I would never delegate toilet training!
Ah the joys of motherhood...

jerusalem90

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:48 am
Maybe I'm being too practical, but I'd keep things that could be done with a huge group. I would want to take them on walks and take them to the playground. I'd plan meals, but deligate the actual cooking, serving, and cleaning up. I'd read stories and give divrei Torah and other inspiring stories and lectures.

I'd be okay having someone else put them to bed, but before that I'd gather them all in a group and lead a bedtime story/talk. I might need a microphone 😂

pause

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 9:43 am
One on one time with each kid, a minimum of five minutes a day and an hour a week. There goes all my time...!

bigsis144

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 10:13 am
I can’t even really comprehend splitting my attention and energy that many ways. I only have three kids and I don’t feel sufficient!

I’ve taught high school and had 100+ students per year at a job I absolutely LOVED (Erev Shira director, gawd I miss it so much 😭) but I couldn’t make closer connections to more than a few girls per year, no matter how much I loved them all.

I read imasinger’s post and agree with it all - it sounds like Bubby duty would be the closest description

Last edited by bigsis144 on Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 10:24 am
...then id be too busy to be on imamother.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 10:30 am
amother wrote:
I think she meant it in a good way. That moms who want to do their own mothering, might decide to have smaller families.
Of course there are a million other reasons people limit family size. Not everyone thinks huge families are ideal environments for raising children.

Thank you, this is exactly what I meant but you explained it better

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:01 am
I would definitely delegate clothing shopping Whew Whew shopping for 100 kids I'm shaking just thinking about it

Sake

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:25 am
I would delegate everything...and then be 100% a part of it all.

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:33 pm
I'd split them up. 10 to a room. Every night, My husband and I take a different room and spend alone time with each kid. Every morning my husband and I take a different room and spend time alone with each kid, helping them get dressed etc. (the other rooms will get delegated to family, my mother, his mother, some siblings/or aunts etc.)
(Clothes are donated/purchased in bulk and kept in each individual room with the child's name labeled on each item, 10 closets per room. )
Meals would be served in 3 shifts or 3 different different dining rooms. I would serve the children 1 meal a day and talk to them. (Obviously all food is catered).
Children would go to school every day, and be able to choose from different extracurricular activities for twice a week in the afternoon. We'd also have an enormous library, playroom and Gymboree, An outdoor area with a swimming pool, swing set, horse ranch and basketball court.
Every night, I'd take out 1 child alone (so each kid gets taken out about 3 times a year).

Everything just has to be systemized, but it can definitely work!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 4:00 pm
I would kiss them and hug them. I would have someone do the laundry, 50 nannies, a few cooks, personal shopper, cleaning ladies...
So I'd just play with as many kids as possible and make sure I kiss all of them and hug them.

proudmomma

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
I can just picture it - sitting on a chair, your 100 kids waiting in line for their turn to hug santa, I mean mommy

Thanks! You made me laugh & I needed it😜

mirror

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 7:20 pm
Amen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics