Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
ISO Baby boy gift on a budget

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 10:38 pm
Hi!

Im looking for an idea for a baby boy gift for a friend of mine. I usually don’t give baby gifts, rather I make a meal or watch other kids, etc. But I also had a baby recently and she was so helpful with meals and childcare, and she gave me a beautiful gift for each of my children! I want to get her something nice as well, but my budget is more limited. I’m hoping to stay in the $15-25 range. She has a good handful of other kids ages 1,3, and 4. I was thinking maybe a cute stretchie for baby and a game/toy for the other kids? Or maybe a couple cute accessories for the baby like a paci clip and Blanket? I’m really not sure...

Any ideas?? Specific links would be appreciated. TIA!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:02 pm
Posting anon as these are my go to baby gifts..
If you can wait 3 weeks for it to come, you
can save a lots of money by ordering from china..

A beautiful pom pom blanket from ali selling for $20 and sells for over $40 locally

Hey, check out what I found on AliExpress {0}. New users can get a US $4 coupon!
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bAuthPLa

A great personalized paci clip selling for $3 sells bet $15 and $20 locally. Just message the name to the seller.

Hey, check out what I found on AliExpress {0}. New users can get a US $4 coupon!
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bIb5wzTa

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
Posting anon as these are my go to baby gifts..
If you can wait 3 weeks for it to come, you
can save a lots of money by ordering from china..

A beautiful pom pom blanket from ali selling for $20 and sells for over $40 locally

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bAuthPLa

A great personalized paci clip selling for $3 sells bet $15 and $20 locally. Just message the name to the seller.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bIb5wzTa

Those are amazing! I’ve waited a bit already so I can totally wait a few more weeks lol
I was debating getting a handful of outfits from AliExpress but I feel like this is nicer. Thanks! Definitely up there!

mom!

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:33 pm
If you live "in-town" you can always do a triangle bib with a name on it. Costs around $12... always get very high reviews:)

simba

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:36 pm
Do you have a local Primark. They have cute and trendy baby clothes in that price range.

lucky14

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 8:47 pm
I wouldn't buy a pacifier clip or any kind of teething thing from ali. No telling what material it really is made out of or how safe it really is. I'd only buy this sort of thing from a reputable manufacturer. I personally enjoyed receiving clothing in the 12+ month range (18 and 24 months was the best). I got so many little baby clothing, it was nice to have some older stuff.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:19 pm
I live out of town and, to my knowledge, no primark in my neighborhood.

I ended up buying a pretty pacifier clip from someone in my neighborhood who sells, it was only $10 and why not give business to a Frum woman. I also ordered a pair of well reviewed, decent quality moccasins on amazon. My thoughts were that I was getting fun extras as opposed to necessities. I hope she gets good use out of it all!

aricelli

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:31 pm
Are you artistic? My daughter buys nagel-vosser sets for about two dollars each and draws some cute pictures on it with paint pens, wraps it with a big colorful cellophane bag and ribbon. They usually sell for way more and ppl love them.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:38 pm
I like the Skip Hop Pronto (mini diaper changer thing), a cute set of month stickers for photos, or a box of Trumpette socks. All of those are available on Amazon with Prime shipping.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:43 pm
Bloomingdale's sells baby stretches really cheap. They come in the Bloomingdales box and makes a nice presentation.

I hit the store during a sale and stock up when I go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics