Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Need Doctor referrals in Jerusalem!

cdben

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 10:53 am
Hi Smile

We’re hoping to make Aliyah this September B”H but we need to know we’d have great doctors in Jerusalem before we do.

Can anyone please refer the best of the best of the following doctors for us please? We’d even go private for all doctors if necessary, as long as we know they’re the most experienced & best ones out there.

Adult GI (my husband has crohn’s disease and has a remicade infusion every two months. Hoping to get off of it soon B”H. May consider cannabis. Need the most renowned GI in Jerusalem for this matter)
OB/GYN (I have hypothyroidism and take synthroid and have a history of micarriage & infertility, so it’s important to be in good hands. Preferably someone who’d see me during the pregnancy and deliver as well. I’m natural minded and would want a doctor who supports natural delivery and mother’s informed consent. Having a female doctor is always a plus but not a deal breaker)
Pediatrician (again, natural-minded and supportive of giving vaccinations at parents’ own schedule. We have autoimmunity in the family so this is a must)
And adult general doctor.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! We’re thinking to move to Ramat Eshkol G-d willing, but doctors don’t have to be local as it’s important to us to have the best. We’ve tried getting referrals from many places but have had no luck. Please let me know! Thank you so much and Tizku L’mitzvot!!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:35 am
Vaccinations are through Tipat Chalav. You are placed in the clinic for your area. You can request a specific nurse.
I live outside Jerusalem, our Tipat Chalav is connected to our kupa clinic and shares the nurses.

I use a private legal midwife for my homebirths. If you’re interested, I’m happy to talk about it.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:40 am
For obgyn Nili Yanai is an incredible doctor for high risk pregnancies and deliveries

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
For obgyn Nili Yanai is an incredible doctor for high risk pregnancies and deliveries

Re OBGYN
I used Nili Yanai just for one visit. Didn't go back, because she was not under my insurance. But I absolutely was so impressed. With her gentle care. Kind. Knowledgeable. Great choice.

cdben

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:57 am
Thank you so much for your replies! Have any of you heard about the natural birth center at Hadassah hospital? Any reviews?

Where is she located? Where can I get her info? Do you happen to know what insurance she works with? Thanks!

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:01 pm
I heard the natural birth centre at hadassah is closing down.
She is at hadassah hospital and Wolfson medical centre
I went privately but I believe you can claim some money back from insurance

cdben

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:04 pm
Thanks so much for the info. So she delivered your baby too, because you went privately with her? Do you know if she accepts insurance at all?

blessedjmom

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:07 pm
cdben wrote:
Thank you so much for your replies! Have any of you heard about the natural birth center at Hadassah hospital? Any reviews?

Where is she located? Where can I get her info? Do you happen to know what insurance she works with? Thanks!

I went to check out the l&d ward at Hadassah ein kerem. Seems like the natural rooms are closed. They had 2. One is officialy closed. And the second theyre closing up as well. They wouldn't let me register for it. Sad

I did hear that there are new tubs in the rooms at Hadassah har Hatzofim- I'd love to hear more info about that- if anyone has any.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:07 pm
Yes I payed privately through sharap at hadassah for her to deliver me
As far as I know she only sees privately and you can claim back money but I am not too sure about that

cdben

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:23 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I payed privately through sharap at hadassah for her to deliver me
As far as I know she only sees privately and you can claim back money but I am not too sure about that

Did that include the visits throughout the pregnancy? Or was that a different charge? Can I ask how much it came out to about to have her privately?

Also, where did you have to go to see her for appointments? In the hospital? Is she/her office English speaking?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:41 pm
Regarding GI:

Meira Reiss (frum lady) is head of IBD support foundation in LA, and I personally know that she has been in touch with patients in EY, so she would be an excellent resource.

http://ibdsf.org/index.php/contact

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:50 pm
Dr. Joyce Moral is a great internist/family dr. Canadianor years ago, she was with meuhedet and working in sanhedria murhevet office. Don't know if that's still the case. I moved to US four years ago.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:17 am
Dr Roznak from Meuhedet I used him fot my first pregnancy. Smile Welcome to the holy Land
much hatzlacha

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 3:38 pm
Does anyone pls have contact information for Dr Yanai? Thx!

Shuly

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:36 am
Dr. Shaul Baruch for Obgyn.
He sees patients in Yerushalayim and delivers in Netanya in Laniado.
Worth the trip to Netanya for the birth if you need a private dr for delivery.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:38 am
Pediatrician - there are a lot of good ones near Ramat Eshkol.
Dr. Yair Meislish in Sanhedria is excellent but you can wait a while in the waiting room.
Dr. Peggy Levine in French Hill is great - more American style service.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:14 am
Cannabis is presently illegal in israel.

dilego

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:16 am
What about dr. Chava schreiber she is a pro at infertility issues has gone personally thru the path and is a huge mentch.english speaking but she is french and private but very reasnable. Her office is on king george 25
GI we used dr. Goldin first in hadassa then in shaare tzedek. Its been a few years since my son saw him he was recommended thru benny fischer- magen lachole
The other dr I cant help as I havent lived in yerushalayim for some years
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions