Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Mini crib vs full size

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 9:28 pm
I just want to start off saying my kids are small so a smaller crib for that reason is fine for me.
I have my kids in 2 rooms. My kids all sleep in a regular bed. I have 2 kids in the bigger room and one in a nice size but smaller room. I have my baby now in my room but probably only for a few more months so I need the figure this out. One option is get a bunk bed and put 3 in the bigger room but I like that my kids have there own bed space and I would need to buy a bunk bed and 2 mattresses.
then I would just use my full size crib in that room.
Putting the full size crib in the other room how it's set up will be a bit of a puzzle and complicate having guest. So I think a mini crib might be a good option also I saw they make foldable ones .
I think comfort wise will about the same how much smaller is a mini crib ?
I also have seen people letting babies stay in a pack and play maybe that's an option easy to move around fold up but my husband doesn't love that idea ??
Any suggestions are welcomed

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 9:33 pm
I liked the smaller portable crib very much. I used it in my bedroom for the baby. But it's not a long-term solution and a bunk bed can be. We bought a bunk bed that separates and converts into two beds and each has room to put a pull out bed underneath as well, so very versatile for the future.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 9:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I liked the smaller portable crib very much. I used it in my bedroom for the baby. But it's not a long-term solution and a bunk bed can be. We bought a bunk bed that separates and converts into two beds and each has room to put a pull out bed underneath as well, so very versatile for the future.

What do you mean by long-term solution right now I just need until my baby is ready for bed and around two and a half or so and he's only 3 months

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 10:00 pm
We just got a mini crib that’s foldable for our baby. I don’t know how long it will fit her but it made the most sense for our space. We don’t have that much room and we liked that we could move it easily when we have guests and need to use her room as a guest room. It’s the same size as a pack n play.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:47 am
amother wrote:
We just got a mini crib that’s foldable for our baby. I don’t know how long it will fit her but it made the most sense for our space. We don’t have that much room and we liked that we could move it easily when we have guests and need to use her room as a guest room. It’s the same size as a pack n play.

What brand did you get ?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:23 am
I personally think full size cribs are silly I have a porta crib all my kids where in it until about 2.5 when they learnt how to climb out and cribs weren't safe for them anymore they went into regular beds

gande

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:08 pm
Mini cribs are smaller but ive used them without a choice untill about 3. Full size crib was for the 5 year old! I have also used pack n plays and my kids find it very cozy. (You buy a good mattress for it. ) Amazon has good, cheap ones. Search for " portable crib."

ectomorph

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:26 pm
I start the babies out in a pack and play with a newborn insert or a rocker

Then move to mini crib until they start climbing out

Then I moved to Big crib and it takes them another year to climb out of that

Then a toddler bed

I love the mini crib because it doesn't take up a lot of space

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:45 pm
How does a 3 year old fit in a portacrib?
Even a 2.5 year old???
I have a basinette for newborns. Then a portacrib with the mattress at highest level. Once baby can turn over we move it down.

When baby leaves our room it's into the big crib. Thanks toddler bed at around 2.5.

Most big cribs can be converted to a toddler bed.
Once kids start trying to climb out of the crib it's dangerous.
Switch from toddler bed to twin size bed when they outgrow it. Depending how tall kid is.

A portacrib is a very temporary thing. But it's also very cheap next to a bed. Especially a bunk bed. They are around $125. Not a lot.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:56 pm
2.5 year olds fit in I then get a gate for a regular bed.... I hate having tons of stuff that only get used for a short time

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 1:21 pm
I never had a full-size crib for any of my kids. Mini-crib till old enough for a bed. I've had a 3-yr-old happy in mini-crib. It may depend more on personality than size of kid.

I never had a pack n play or porta crib either (are those even two different things?). I like the mini-crib because it looks nicer in the room, like real furniture.

renslet

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 1:34 pm
What is the difference between a mini crib and a pack and play?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics