Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood Boys Yeshivas

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:39 am
Anyone else here has a son not in school yet? Are there schools that are open to accepting people who only apply now? We thought we would get into a school but now were not so sure and I'm thinking if we should start applying from scratch to a school we didnt originally apply to.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:49 am
Yes my son. I know there is a new school on cross Rabbi Steinharters Yeshiva that is still accepting applications.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:45 am
I'm bumping this up a little since my son still isn't in school Sad
Can anyone tell me about Rabbi Censor Yeshiva Nesivos Hatorah? What is the crowd there like? Are the rebbeim warm and accommodating? Do they allow outside support? Would they even take me at this point of the year? (We did apply there at registration time but never heard back from them)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:52 pm
Is this high school or elementary you are talking about?

I would think a school run by rabbi censor would be great.

For sure just keep calling. We got into an amazing school in August we never applied for. You never know which direction it will come from.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 1:47 pm
amother wrote:
Is this high school or elementary you are talking about?

I would think a school run by rabbi censor would be great.

For sure just keep calling. We got into an amazing school in August we never applied for. You never know which direction it will come from.

Its elementary.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
I'm bumping this up a little since my son still isn't in school Sad
Can anyone tell me about Rabbi Censor Yeshiva Nesivos Hatorah? What is the crowd there like? Are the rebbeim warm and accommodating? Do they allow outside support? Would they even take me at this point of the year? (We did apply there at registration time but never heard back from them)

I also applied there and never heard back. I heard that it was very hard to get into this year and if you weren't pushy from the start you wouldn't get an interview.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 3:21 pm
I think OP should contact the Vaad to let them ...

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:
I also applied there and never heard back. I heard that it was very hard to get into this year and if you weren't pushy from the start you wouldn't get an interview.

We had an interview but we never pushed since we thought we were going to get in somewhere else.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 6:02 pm
amother wrote:
We had an interview but we never pushed since we thought we were going to get in somewhere else.

Call them. I thought everyone got a letter from the schools either way. Otherwise you need to contact the vaad. Saw the ad that they are taking names.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics