Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
If NONE of your kids have a diagnosis

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:44 pm
If none of your kids have a diagnosis such as HFA/ASD, PDD-NOS, ADHD, ODD etc, could you please take a moment to come.over to this thread

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....16792

and click "No".

At the moment the other thread is suggesting that only 17% of families are NOT dealing with a kid with a diagnosis, and I am concerned that it is because of the title the thread and who is opening it.

Appreciate your help.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:53 pm
My daughter has Down syndrome. Does that count? Or you're only interested in alphabet soup diagnoses?

I have one son who's always been challenging (and probably getting kicked out of yeshiva) but no official diagnosis. Does that count?

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 12:54 pm
I thought originally it was an outside poll. well well. Thanks for bringing this up.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 1:01 pm
It's funny I was typing this up saying I should have included Downs and etc.

I am trying to work out how many people are dealing with

1. Stigma
2. Having to have a support network.of therapists around you just to manage day to day parenting
3. Whether in fact all these labels are actually NORMAL - ae in more common than not, at least on a family if not individual basis.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 1:04 pm
Of course. It used to be: someone was a slob, someone was absentminded, someone was a neat freak, someone was meticulous, someone was scatterbrained. Nowadays, it's A, B, C, D, E, F, G and so on. My take on it.
Of course if it's excessive to the point of not functioning properly in a basic setting it's a different story. Even scatterbrained people can use tips to improve their quality of life, but this has definitely gotten out of hand

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:40 pm
bumping for the evening to make sure the poll is answered by as many people as possible

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:22 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Of course. It used to be: someone was a slob, someone was absentminded, someone was a neat freak, someone was meticulous, someone was scatterbrained. Nowadays, it's A, B, C, D, E, F, G and so on. My take on it.
Of course if it's excessive to the point of not functioning properly in a basic setting it's a different story. Even scatterbrained people can use tips to improve their quality of life, but this has definitely gotten out of hand

I have a step-DD who is disorganized, scatterbrained and spacey. She also has anxiety and is a major drama queen. DH thinks she just has these qualities and this is who she is. She herself wants a diagnosis. She keeps saying, “I’m ADD, right?”

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:53 am
Most people I know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics