Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Yiddish article with some English words

ez-pass

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:49 pm
Hi! I need to write an article in yiddish with some English words thrown in. Everytime I put the English words in it, it gets all moved around and doesn't make any sense anymore. Anyone know how to do it?

nchr

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:54 pm
1. Write something else in Yiddish as a place holder and then edit it in a PDF to add the english word.
2. Write the English word in Yiddish

ez-pass

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:57 pm
I can try the PDF idea. Been sitting on it for hours....aaarg

nchr

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 10:18 pm
You could also just write a random word in Yiddish and then redact it in PDF and add english text.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 10:55 pm
If you're using Microsoft Word, are you switching between languages by pressing Alt+shift?

Have you tried using a text box?

real israeli

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:06 pm
Make sure you set the page up to go from right to left and the text to start on the right side. Assuming this is being done using word. Then use alt shift to switch between the keyboards. The writing will be right to left with the English words exactly where you placed them

ez-pass

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:42 pm
youngishbear wrote:
If you're using Microsoft Word, are you switching between languages by pressing Alt+shift?

Have you tried using a text box?

I tried texting boxes and switching between the languages. The text is moving all over the place and not staying where I need them too.

ez-pass

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:42 pm
[quote="real israeli"]Make sure you set the page up to go from right to left and the text to start on the right side. Assuming this is being done using word. Then use alt shift to switch between the keyboards. The writing will be right to left with the English words exactly where you placed them[/quote
I will try again tomorrow but had no luck today when I tried that.

kiryat sefer

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:20 am
https://youtu.be/k8WEQwSvHOs

real israeli

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 5:07 am
[quote="ez-pass"]
real israeli wrote:
Make sure you set the page up to go from right to left and the text to start on the right side. Assuming this is being done using word. Then use alt shift to switch between the keyboards. The writing will be right to left with the English words exactly where you placed them[/quote
I will try again tomorrow but had no luck today when I tried that.

Good luck. Just to make sure you understood correctly: when I said set the page up right to left that does not mean align right - there is a different icon for “right to left text direction” which you may need to add from the more commands drop down. Then align right and it’ll work. I do it all the time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics