Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Recommend fun game/toy to buy for host family?
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:19 pm
aricelli wrote:
Hey- just got a cute one - jewish version of picwits- kind of like apples to apples but with adorable pictures. (Has english wording as well as yiddish. ) you dont need to know how to read to join in. Its great bec all ages enjoy it including my husband and I! Picwits was cute but had some provocative pictures- I forgot the name though

Blitz

gande

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:20 pm
Monopoly deal is an addictive card game grrat for those ages.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:29 pm
aricelli wrote:
Hey- just got a cute one - jewish version of picwits- kind of like apples to apples but with adorable pictures. (Has english wording as well as yiddish. ) you dont need to know how to read to join in. Its great bec all ages enjoy it including my husband and I! Picwits was cute but had some provocative pictures- I forgot the name though

It's called blitz bild. My kids love it. Great for all ages including adults. It's good from ages 5 & up.

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:48 pm
erm wrote:
gamewright card games like sleeping queens, there's a moose in the house, Too many monkeys

This.

If you'd rather something more substantial (card games are awesome but they present as a little box... I dunno if that bothers people...) try Dixit. Hard to explain but it's interesting for a range of ages.

Ticket to Ride is also excellent.

I'd say the 5-year-old is a bit of an outlier in the age range, which is going to limit you a bit if you want to get ONE thing that is good for ALL the kids. There are a lot of games that are good for a 7-ish year old but 5 is definitely too young. For example my 6-year-old who is good at games plays Ticket to Ride with us because she likes to be part of things, while my 8-year-old positively loves it.

The Gamewright card games are a hit for all ages - some of them feel less sophisticated but everyone can enjoy them.

If you'd feel comfortable giving a gift certificate to a local Judaica store, that would be a more definite win.

climbing613

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 10:11 pm
dankbar wrote:
It's called blitz bild. My kids love it. Great for all ages including adults. It's good from ages 5 & up.

Another vote for this!

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:26 am
my kids love rummikub and monopoly deal. Querkle seems popular. We have ticket to ride and catan but almost never play catan and rarely ticket to ride.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children