Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Grand Beach Miami - Shabbos inquiries
1  2  3  Next

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:25 am
Has anyone stayed in the Grand Beach Miami recently for shabbos?
Did you inquire about non-electronic keys, sensors in the doors etc. Were there any issue? Any help would be appreciated.
I am having a hard time getting through and don't want to book unless I know this is okay.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:16 pm
Bumping this up since it was mentioned in a previous thread and thought I can getter better responses here.
Anyone went here recently and had issues with staying in the hotel for shabbos?
Also, where did you eat for shabbos?

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:21 pm
I stayed there recently for shabbos. My husband found some cardboard that he taped over the doorway so it couldn’t lock electronically. We ate the Friday night meal at the Altair hotel. It’s a 20 minute walk.

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:40 pm
The desk will let you into your room
If you don’t use a shabbos elevator check that they are done painting the stairways as they have been closed for about a week now due to painting
Many restaurants in the area on Harding do prepaid shabbos and YT meals
The grove has ready prepared foods to go erev shabbos
Irritating they’re not answering the phone— I would email them as well
Hatzlocha!

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:42 pm
I think that Grand Beach Surfside is set up for shabbos.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 5:13 pm
Awesome!
I'll ask about the stairs...

Are there any other hotels that are shabbos friendly?
And can anyone list the shabbos food restaurants or hotels besides for the altair that have sit down options (not takeout)?

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 5:18 pm
Kosh (off the top of my head)

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 5:38 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Awesome!
I'll ask about the stairs...

Are there any other hotels that are shabbos friendly?
And can anyone list the shabbos food restaurants or hotels besides for the altair that have sit down options (not takeout)?

When we walked to Kosh, I think I noticed that Mendel BBQ also had set up for shabbos night.
For day, I ordered takeout from Miami Heimish, but as mentioned the Grove had everything, fr deli to chicken, fish, cholent etc.
I had a Target hot plate that I got from the takeout place but you could probably order where I left my food and cholent.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:25 pm
So I was trying to find directions to see which exact grand beach to stay at...
People really stay at the Miami one? It seems like an hr walk from Kosh and the main eating areas....
And then I saw Surfside and Surfside west...

Anyone know the difference?

Also, has anyone been to Mendel BBQ recently? It seems that their website looks fishy...

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:36 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
People really stay at the Miami one? It seems like an hr walk from Kosh and the main eating areas....

Also, has anyone been to Mendel BBQ recently? It seems that their website looks fishy...

Surfside is the one you stay in and Surfside West is a little cheaper because they don't have the pool & the beach on site but it's directly across the street and you have the same amenities & bigger rooms.
I was at Mendels in January.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:36 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:

Surfside is on the beach. Surfside west is across the street, not on the beach and no beach view.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:37 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Surfside is the one you stay in and Surfside West is a little cheaper because they don't have the pool & the beach on site but it's directly across the street and you have the same amenities & bigger rooms.
I was at Mendels in January.

Surfside west does have a pool, on the roof. The rooms are the same size. There are different room options in both hotels. The room's look identical.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:46 pm
There is a grand beach in Miami and a grand beach in surfside which also has grand beach west which is on the other side of Collins. If you stay in Miami you can eat at the mimosa or carriage club if you say in surfside you can eat at kosh or Mendel’s

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:49 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
When we walked to Kosh, I think I noticed that Mendel BBQ also had set up for shabbos night.
For day, I ordered takeout from Miami Heimish, but as mentioned the Grove had everything, fr deli to chicken, fish, cholent etc.
I had a Target hot plate that I got from the takeout place but you could probably order where I left my food and cholent.

Unfortunately mendels closed

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:52 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Surfside is on the beach. Surfside west is across the street, not on the beach and no beach view.

Yes this
Surfside West does not have a lobby just a check in desk and is a bit cheaper; also you have access to all the amenities across the street at the main grand beach surfside

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:54 pm
Another vote for grandbeach surf side. I know that mendels recently changed ownership and is now under a slightly different name and possibly management. I think meat bar also offers Shabbos meals.
Chabad also had a full sit down kiddish and you can get some additional food- deli cutlets from the grove.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 1:21 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
Another vote for grandbeach surf side. I know that mendels recently changed ownership and is now under a slightly different name and possibly management. I think meat bar also offers Shabbos meals.
Chabad also had a full sit down kiddish and you can get some additional food- deli cutlets from the grove.

Meat bar has a sit down option or takeout only?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 1:22 pm
Thank you everyone for your help!
I honestly don't know anything about the area and really want to make this vacation work out!

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 2:09 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Meat bar has a sit down option or takeout only?

They have seating. They're a but further then the other restaurants in Surfside. They're about a 15 minute walk from Grand Beach, the other restaurants are a 2 minute walk.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 2:18 pm
This thread is really helpful. If we stay at the grand beach in Surfside on the Beach how far are the closest restaurants to walk? It’s super hot this time of year I don’t want to have to walk so far. Also, is there anything to do Shabbos afternoon? Like the people sit at the pool or walk around?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics